Media Placements – 01/10/2022
Mushrooms in the News: 01-10-2022
Mushrooms continued to place high atop trend lists. Most notably, the New York Times named mushrooms the 2022 “Ingredient of the Year” in its broad and highly-shared “How Americans Will Eat in 2022” feature.
In addition, MSNBC named mushrooms a 2022 “Healthy Food Trend,” with the article noting: “Along with the continued interest in plant-based foods…mushrooms are becoming ultra popular.” Showbiz Cheat Sheet – a celebrity-focused outlet – declared “Mushroom Toast” as a new breakfast trend. In Produce Blue Book’s annual trend forecast, mushrooms were the only produce item called out, with the writer noting: “Out of all the produce categories to pick as ‘trendy,’ I think mushrooms are going to be the one that continues to gain popularity with consumers.”
Mushrooms also continued earning coverage as a central recipe ingredient through these winter months: Food Network, Men’s Health, and Bon Appetit also shared ways to incorporate mushrooms into a daily diet, with Bon Appetit demonstrating a cooking technique where they advise to “Squish ‘Em” between cast iron pans to deliver a crisp exterior and very meaty texture.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- How Will Americans Eat in 2022? The Food Forecasters Speak – New York Times
- These will be the biggest healthy food trends in 2022 – MSNBC
- 3 Medicinal Mushrooms An Immunologist Wants You To Prioritize In The New Year – MindBodyGreen
- To Make Better Mushrooms, Just ‘Squish ‘Em’ – Bon Appetit
- Giada De Laurentiis’ Mushroom Toast – Showbiz Cheatsheet
- Cheesy Mushroom Pizza Quesadilla – Our State
- Plant Based Party – Women’s Health
- 42 Vegan Mushroom Recipes To Make The Most Of Your Funghi – Veggie Balance
- 2022 Your Healthiest. Most Delicious Year Ever – Men’s Health
- Where’s the Beef? – Philadelphia Magazine
- Ree Drummond Says This Mushroom Dish ‘Slayed’ Her – Mashed
- Do these shaggy mushrooms taste like fish? – Yahoo! In the Know
- Ree Drummond’s Sweet Potato and Mushroom Carbonara – Food Network
- The Groceries You Should Be Buying at Walmart Right Now, Says Dietitian – Eat This, Not That!
- Global mushroom market projected for strong growth through 2025 – Produce Blue Book
- Leep Foods sees success with blended mushroom products – The Packer
- Top 5 Food Trends for 2022 – Produce Blue Book
- Caramelized Mushroom Galette – Kitchn
- Rachael Ray’s Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms – Food Network
- Balsamic-Roasted Mushrooms – EatingWell
- White Wine Pasta with Mushrooms and Leeks – Food & Wine
- Creamy Parmesan Risotto with Roasted Thyme Mushroom – InspiredwithaTwist
- What is the absolute best way to cook mushrooms – Food52
The top two social posts this week included a third-party recipe share from Teri-Ann Carty for Mushroom Carbonara made with homemade mushroom bacon. The second was the Council’s Three Mushroom and Garlic Grilled Pizza, which one Facebook fan said “This was delicious!! I did most of the mushrooms as a duxelles and added sliced ones on top. I also added pine nuts. I would like to add chopped spinach next time.”
- IImpressions: 23,324
- Engagements: 1,807
- Reactions: 852
- Comments: 11
- Shares: 199
Engage with this post on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Impressions: 21,149
- Engagements: 1,448
- Reactions: 897
- Comments: 31
- Shares: 118
Engage with this post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.