Get Social – Share These Media Placements
Mushrooms in the News: 08-25-17
We’re beginning to see a shift in media coverage now that the Blended Burger Project™ has wrapped up. This week’s coverage spanned industry news and recipe mentions.
Monday’s USDA NASS report fueled several strong trade articles, pointing out the mushroom industry’s “all time high” production value and sales.
Florida Today spotlighted Blended Burger Project winner Toni Elkhouri once again, noting that her burger will be on the menu for a limited time next month. “Last year we sold more than 2,000 burgers in two months, and we sold a little more than 2,500 burgers this year, so we thought our diners would appreciate seeing them one more time,” Elkhouri said.
Jim Bohannon, a top radio host whose show is broadcast on more than 100 stations, interviewed a Mushroom Festival organizer to talk about what guests can expect when they come to Kennett for the exciting event.
On the culinary media front, mushrooms starred in recipes by Buzzfeed and Real Simple.
- Production value reaches all-time high for mushrooms – The Produce News
- Mushroom sales hit all-time high – The Packer
- Mushroom Festival – The Offbeat, Jim Bohannon Show (Radio show), Westwood One Radio
- Food & Fun: Space Coast Happenings – Florida Today
Recipes and Other News
- Giant Latke with Greens and Mushrooms – Real Simple
- Salisbury Steak – Delish
- One-Pan Mushroom Chicken with Broccolini – Girl Gone Gourmet
- Cooking For Someone Special? You Can’t Go Wrong With This Easy, Juicy Chicken Marsala – Buzzfeed
- 15 Vegetables You Didn’t Know Were High in Protein – Cheat Sheet (Portobellos #9)
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/DIGITAL ACTIVITY
Most Popular Social Posts
Most Popular Social Posts
MC Facebook: What’s your favorite mushroom dish to make during the summer? Campfire Mushrooms: http://bit.ly/2uZh4JU
- 791 Reactions
- 20,073 Reached
Blenditarian Facebook: In comparative tastings, 90 percent of students preferred the blended burger as opposed to other options. Read more about the Sodexo USA and The Mushroom Channel partnership that’s changing the cafeteria game.
- 11 Reactions
- 263 Reached
MC Twitter: We’ve teamed up with @sodexoUSA to create a blended burger that’s changing the cafeteria game ? #blenditarian https://t.co/HDc7leAB6a
- 8,658 Reached
Blenditarian Twitter: In comparative tastings, 90 percent of students preferred the #blendedburger as opposed to other options. @sodexoUSAhttps://t.co/YQl6wYITpi
- 287 Reached
MC Instagram: Ciabatta check out this blended burger!
- 161 VIews
Blenditarian Instagram: Dinners Made Easy with The Blend: Put a spin on a comfort classic by blending mushrooms into your Tater Tot Casserole! What other ingredients do you mix into this hot dish? ?
- 37 Views