Get Social – Share These Media Placements
Mushrooms in the News: 08-18-17
This week, we’re seeing Blend coverage from the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally and Blended Burger Project™ to healthy and delicious recipes.
Perishable News, Fresh Plaza and PowerSports Business spotlighted the Mushroom Council’s involvement with Sturgis, while Restaurant Business and Perishable News covered the Blended Burger Project finalists.
Additionally, Cooking Light Magazine included blended meatballs in a ‘Pasta Night Makeover’ feature, noting that “Shiitake mushrooms amp up beef’s meaty texture and savory flavor while stretching 1 pound of meat across eight servings for robust meatballs.”
Last but not least, Better Nutrition highlighted the best ways to cook mushrooms, noting that grilling or microwaving produced the best results in terms of nutritional quality.
- The 3rd Annual Blended Burger Project Winners Announced – Restaurant Business
- Mushroom Council Rallies Blenditarians at Sturgis – PerishableNews.com
- Mushroom Council Rallies Blenditarians at Sturgis – FreshPlaza
- Thunder Press celebrates 25th anniversary with special event – PowerSports Business
- Monterey Mushrooms’ Partner Cedar’s Cafe Takes Home Top Honors in James Beard Foundation’s
- Blended Burger Project – And Now You Know, Produce Industry News
- Melbourne Chef Wins Beard’s Blended Burger Contest – Scott Joseph’s Orlando Restaurant Guide
- Congratulations to Cedars Cafe For Being a Finalist In The Blended Burger Project – PerishableNews.com
- Pasta Night Makeover – Cooking Light (Recipe: Lighten Up Spaghetti and Meatballs)
- Introducing the Blended Burger Project – Campus Edition – Foodservice Director
Recipes and Other News
- Best Way to Cook Mushrooms – Better Nutrition
- Mushroom Barley Risotto with Roasted Portobello Steaks – Clean Eating
- One-Pan Mushroom Chicken with Broccolini – Girl Gone Gourmet
- These Foods Are Healthy Protein Alternatives to Meat – Cheat Sheet
- Slow Cooker Marinated Mushrooms Recipe – Taste of Home
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/DIGITAL ACTIVITY
Most Popular Social Posts
MC Facebook: Challenge: Watch this video without drooling.
- 305 Reactions
- 11,851 Reached
Blenditarian Facebook: Taste the burger, take the pledge! Try these award-winning blended burgers at home ?
- 7 Reactions
- 101 Reached
- 319 Engagements
- 13,041 Reached
- 4 Engagements
- 9,045 Reached
MC Instagram: This ramen-in-a-jar lunch is filled with shiitake mushrooms, an excellent source of copper, offering 40 percent of the recommended daily intake, which helps keep bones and nerves healthy!
- 80 Likes
- 62 Views