Get Social – Share These Media Placements
Mushrooms in the News: 05-05-17
This week, The Packer highlighted the winners from the Blend the Rules school campaign, Restaurant News touted the partnership between the Mushroom Council and Culinary Fight Club on Blended Burger Battles and Progressive Grocer shared the success of Doc’s Market sampling the Blend at retail.
In addition, Windy City Times mentioned how Chicago-based restaurant, STK is participating in the James Beard Foundation’s Blended Burger Project™ with its “Juicy Lucy” Blended Burger and National Public Radio member station in Phoenix, AZ, KJZZ featured blended burgers on their afternoon segment, with reference to Jehangir Mehta’s blended burger.
To engage the next generation of culinary professionals to adopt the Blend, we worked with Steve to write and place a robust feature about The Blend in Gold Medal Classroom’s “Café Meeting Place” – targeted to culinary instructors and students.
Lastly, Green Sense Radio, a 30 minute program on sustainability, reaching 37 stations and available for podcast download, recently featured Tina Ellor of Phillips Farms discussing the Mushroom Sustainability Story study, mushroom production and her favorite varieties.
- Dining News: Cinco De Mayo and Derby events, James Beard Honors – Windy City Media Group
- Meat Meet Mushrooms – Cafe Meeting Place
- Sampling for Success – Progressive Grocer
- Plant! Power – Martin’s ad circular
- Mushroom Council announces Blend the Rules winners – The Packer
- Culinary Fight Club Hosts Blended Burger Challenge in 9 Cities – RestaurantNews.com (reposted in: The Daily Meal and Restaurant Business)
- Blended Burgers – KJZZ
Mushroom Nutrition, Recipes and Other News
- Mushrooms & sustainability – Green Sense Radio (Tina Ellor of Phillips Farms interview begins around 17 minute mark)
- Mushrooms lend savory flavor to creamy pasta dish – Boston Herald
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/ DIGITAL ACTIVITY
Most Popular Mushroom Channel Social Posts
- 279 Reactions + Comments
- 17,785 Reached
- 16 Reactions (responses, clicks, retweets)
- 9,944 Reached
Instagram: Throwing a fiesta for Cinco de Mayo? Don’t forget mushrooms! Mushrooms are delicious in Mexican food—pairing perfectly with chiles, fish, meat, cheese and all kinds of vegetables. #CincodeMayo
- 73 Likes
This week’s keywords used in conjunction with #blenditarian content include: