Get Social – Share These Media Placements
Mushrooms in the News: 01-06-17
Happy New Year! The ‘Food Trends to Watch in 2017’ article written by RDs/writers Julie Upton and Katherine Brooking continues to gain visibility as it recently appeared on AOL.com and True Viral News.
Additionally, Blend recipes and nutrition stories are appearing in numerous publications this month. Arthritis Today suggests: “Swapping out half the ground meat for cooked mushrooms in tacos, chili, burgers or meatloaf cuts calories, saturated fat and sodium, and adds nutrition including vitamin D, potassium and B vitamins.” In her column for the The Miami Herald, University of Miami RD Sheah Rarback writes: The Blend is an ideal way “to cut calories, fat and sodium from your favorite recipes.” And finally, Family Circle features a chicken-mushroom blended burger recipe.
In other mushroom news, Cooking Light and Eating Well both called out mushrooms as vitamin-D rich immune boosters.
- Healthy Family Dinners – Family Circle
- Fill Up to Slim Down – Arthritis Today
- Most suppliers support calories posting rule – The Packer
- Pa. Farm Show 2017: Here’s when the food court will be open – Pennlive.com
- How to cut calories, fat and sodium from your favorite recipes – Miami Herald
- 5 nutrition trends you should follow in 2017 – Aol.
- Food Trends to Watch in 2017 – True Viral News
- Your Guide to P.A. Farm Show 2017 – York Daily Record and The Patriot News
Mushroom Nutrition, Recipes and Other News
- 11 Ways to Eat Better Now (Immunity Soup featuring “vitamin-D enhanced mushrooms”) – Cooking Light
- 10-Minute Clean Meals – Prevention
- Light Pasta with a Kick – Southern Living
- Cold Killers to Stop the Sniffles (Shiitake Mushrooms) – Eating Well
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/ DIGITAL ACTIVITY
Most Popular Mushroom Channel Social Posts
- 713 Reactions
- 16,567 Reached
- 567 Impressions
- 18 Engagements
- 81 Likes
Pinterest: Blenditarian Italian Turkey Sausage Sliders
- 152 repins