The Ultimate Burger 2.0 is made from a combination of shiitake, cremini and dried porcini mushrooms.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb Portabello
- 1/2 lb Shitake
- 1/3 cup Braggs Liquid aminos
- .25 oz dry porcini, rehydrated in hot water, water discarded
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablesoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Place whole mushrooms (stems included) in a large bowl. Pour in the Braggs and ½ of EVOO.
- Coat the mushrooms and lay out on two large sheet pans.
- Roast in 400 degree convection for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms and pulse in batches in a food processor with porcinis.
- Turn the batches into a large mixing bowl.
- Don’t wash the food processor bowl. Pulse the garlic & herbs together. Garlic should be small.
- Add garlic/herb mix and remaining ingredients to the mushrooms. Stir together well with ground beef and form into 8oz patties.
If you like this, try these:
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jenn Louis of Lincoln RestaurantView Recipe
Ground chuck blended with shiitake mushrooms, romesco, grilled spring onions, salsa verde aioli, butter lettuce on a toasted brioche bun.View Recipe