Veal and Portobello Mushroom Blend Burger
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
A blend of mushrooms and veal create patties that are cooked to perfection and topped with a slice of Swiss cheese. The delicious patty is placed between two Portobello mushroom caps which serve as the bun. Add condiments and additional toppings to taste.
- 16 oz. veal, ground
- 10 oz. mushrooms, chopped fine
- 3 oz. bread crumbs
- 3 oz. milk
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 12 portobello mushrooms
- 4 tbsp. Canola Oil
- 4 tbsp. Worcestershire black pepper blend
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the veal, chopped mushrooms, bread crumbs, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper and chopped parsley to incorporate.
- Form the meat mixture in 4-6 burgers that consist of or 6 oz. per patties.
- Take the stems off the mushroom and use them as part of the chopped mushrooms. Using a table spoon, scrape out the gills from underneath the mushrooms and discard. Combine all the ingredients for the Portobello mushrooms and toss lightly.
- Pre-heat the grill; when hot, grill each mushroom until tender, about 6 minutes and reserve warm. Add the burgers one at time and brown for 2-3 minutes; turn the burgers over and repeat the browning process, making sure the burgers reach an internal temperature of 155°f.
- Add one slice of Swiss cheese to the burgers. Place one Portobello mushroom on a serving platter, add a burger and place the second mushroom on top. Serve immediately.