Monthly Shipping and Marketing Report | June 2018
- Nominations: The call for nominations for three positions on the Council for the 2019-2021 term is now closed. Letters are being mailed to those who have been nominated to verify the acceptance of such nomination. Region 2 which includes PA has two seats opening and Region 3 which includes CA has one seat opening.
- Ballots: Ballots will be mailed on or about June 1. If you are in Regions 2 or 3 and do not receive a ballot and believe you are eligible to vote, please contact Cheryl @ email@example.com
The Mushroom Council sees the pursuit of diversity in board membership as an opportunity for embracing new ideas and growth that will enable the Council to better serve the industry. Central to this effort is having leadership to serve on the Council that reflects a diversity of perspectives and opinions. The industry population is diverse, and the Council should reflect, without discrimination, that diversity in the size of operations, experience of members, methods of production and distribution, marketing strategies, and other distinguishing factors that will bring different types of individuals, perspectives and ideas to the table.
- Council Meeting: The next Council meeting will be held on June 7-8 in Boston. If you would like to attend, please let us know so we can make sure you are accommodated.
To see current charts, click here.
The Month Ahead
- June marks the sixth Blenditarian Challenge™, and the theme is Brunch Delights! Make one of the featured recipes (or your own favorite recipe) and post a picture to Twitter or Instagram with #BlenditarianChallenge. Learn more here.
- The Philly Burger Brawl is on Sunday, June 3rd and Misconduct Tavern’s chef Nick Mezzina is battling with his signature blended burger. If you will be in Philly on the 3rd and would like to attend, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets.
- Retail dietitians are being challenged to share their Blend demos on social media now through July 20. Please engage your retailer to participate via this link from Retail Dietitians Business Alliance.
- The 4th annual Blended Burger Project™ launched May 28. There is still time to encourage your customers to register! They would be joining 3 time winner Cedar’s Cafe, the popular Burg’hers chain, as well as celebrated chef, Stephanie Izard (JBF award winner, Iron Chef, Top Chef). Chef Stephanie is leading the charge as the project’s official spokesperson. Spread the word with your network of chefs.This year, participation should be broader than ever — open to all restaurants, colleges, chains, hospitals and corporate cafeterias — because a panel of food experts selected by the James Beard Foundation will determine five winners from the top 20 entries with the most online votes. Experts will determine the top five winners based on (1) most creative use of mushrooms, (2) best flavor profile and (3) presentation. A great opportunity for your customers. Download Additional Resources Here!
Highlights from May
- We hosted six local market lunches in Cleveland, Chicago, Charleston, Santa Fe, Indianapolis and Houston to educate chefs and media on the Blended Burger Project™. Check out coverage from the Charleston event and encourage your network of chefs to register.
- Fans whipped up blended burgers for the May #BlenditarianChallenge! Home cooks tested out recipes from Blenditarian.com (like this Chicken Parm blended burger), and also shared original recipes of their own (like this Kangaroo Blended Burger!).
Click images to enlarge.
Tracker Highlights from Period Ending 03-25-18*
Spotlight – Notable and Newsworthy
- In the 4-weeks – Mushroom category growing at more than double the rate of total produce
- In the 52-weeks – Brown mushrooms contribute 42% of incremental dollar gains, driven by Cremini
* IRI/FreshLook Data provided by Fusion Marketing