Media Placements – 12/27/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 12-27-2021
Bon Appetit shared mushroom recipes as part of their top Vegetarian recipes for 2021 on Facebook, and Cooking Chew shared a list of their 11 favorite Portobello mushroom recipes. Allrecipes shared a tasty meatless ziti, and the Washington Post shared their take on Tetrazzini.
Cooking tips were also a popular topic this week, due to holiday meal planning. Insider provided a tip on how to perfectly sauté mushrooms, and Tasting Table shared a guide for identifying mushrooms and how to best cook each variety.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- How to sauté mushrooms to add a quick savory punch to your meal – Insider
- 15 Types Of Mushrooms And How To Best Cook Them – Tasting Table
- 11 Portobello Mushroom Recipes (You Will Want To Try Them All) – Cooking Chew
- Delicious Meatless Ziti – Allrecipes
- Swedish Meatballs – First for Women
- Tetrazzini – The Washington Post
- Roast Beef with Mushrooms and Tomatoes – First for Women
- Spinach and Mushroom Omelet – Prevention Magazine
- Mushroom Industry Continues To Grow In PA – Butler Radio
- Top Vegetarian Recipes of 2021 – Bon Appetit
- Artichoke and Mushroom Crostini – One Green Planet
One of the top posts from this week was an engagement post that asked Mushroom Council’s Facebook fans to tell us their favorite recipe that uses more than one mushroom variety. Responses included:
- “I enjoyed my mushroom pot roast… but the only thing I could think of while eating it was, boy… I wish there were more mushrooms in here… next time I make it I’m adding more types of mushrooms to the dish.”
- “My mushroom crostata! For the filling, you can use whatever is available and mix and match however you choose. A little leeks, perhaps marsala, crumbled feta and a finishing touch of sea salt with black truffle on the crust. Yum!”
- “Chinese Chicken and Three Mushrooms!”
The second most popular post was a recipe share of the Council’s Mushroom, Asparagus and Goat Cheese Tart.
- Impressions: 13,766
- Engagements: 879
- Reactions: 520
- Comments: 14
- Shares: 91
Engage with this post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
- Impressions: 8,944
- Engagements: 534
- Reactions: 247
- Comments: 6
- Shares: 62
Engage with this post on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.