Media Placements – 08/16/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 08-16-2021
Produce Business shared an update on mushrooms in foodservice. An array of producers and distributors shared updates on the state of foodservice in 2021, spotlighting specific varieties gaining interest as well as new mushroom-centric items on menus nationwide. Crimini mushrooms are up 3% over one year, and up 12% over four years, according to recent research provided by the Mushroom Council from Chicago-based Datassential, one of the largest foodservice research firms. Dish-wise, Criminis are up 5% in appetizers during a one-year span, while for breakfast they are up 49% over the past four years. On burgers or in them, Criminis are up 13% over the past four years; and up 10% with chicken dishes, up 101% on sandwiches and up 11% on pizza over four years, where mushrooms are among the top toppings. Buttons, meanwhile, remain the workhorses; up 14% in breakfast dishes over four years, plus Buttons are doing well on pasta, pizza, salad bars, blended burgers and more, notes Datassential.”
Food Network Magazine, the Mushroom Council and Kardea Brown teamed up for a fantastic piece all about making the perfect vegetarian po-boys. Fried mushrooms are the star of the show, bringing a delicious crunch and flavor to the classic dish.
Food news site The Takeout listed blended burgers as one of most ideal foods for summer grilling. Positioned as an easy way to change up your grilling repertoire, the blended burger offers a healthy and tasty alternative to the traditional beef burger.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Give it a Fry – Food Network Magazine
- 6 Foods to Eat When Breastfeeding, according to a Dietitian – VeryWellHealth
- 6 unique burger recipes for the restless griller – The Takeout
- Supper on a Skewer – Taste of the South
- Chicken Mole Tacos – Woman’s Day
- Eggplant Braciola – Food & Wine
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta – Delish
- Ultimate Veggie Burger – Food & Wine
- Fire-Roasted Portobello Burgers – Eat This, Not That!
- Mushrooms Carve out Big Roles on Menus – Produce Business
- The Mushroom industry continues to grow vigorously – Pennsylvania News Today
The top social posts this week included a variety spotlight for shiitakes and an engagement post that asked mushroom lovers to tell the Council what dishes they like to add sautéed mushrooms to.
- Impressions: 6,284
- Engagements: 250
- Reactions: 154
- Comments: 6
- Shares: 16
- Impressions: 9,899
- Engagements: 766
- Reactions: 509
- Comments: 45
- Shares: 36
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.