Media Placements – 08/15/2022
Mushrooms in the News: 08-15-2022
The Packer this week led with a lengthy feature on the mushroom industry’s initiatives to showcase mushrooms as the answer to extending one’s grocery budget in the face of rising food costs. “The time is right for mushrooms,” the article states. Produce News ran a similar feature, while also noting the continuation of the industry’s Feed Your Immune System and Blended Burger Contest campaigns. Vegconomist also shared an article that highlighted how mushrooms are now one of the most searched food ingredients on Google.
Mushroom nutrition was also in focus this week. NBC4 Washington shared a mushroom nutritional overview, which also included a variety of recipes. Delish shared their guide to 14 types of mushrooms, including best practices, storage tips, and potential pairings.
Media + Social Digital Highlights
- Food Critics: The best burgers Kansas City has to offer – KCUR (Kansas City, MO)
- Mushrooms Are Having a Moment. How Healthy Are They? – NBC4 Washington
- Menu planner: For a special meatless dinner, try grilled portobello mushroom caprese – Chicago Sun-Times
- For The Best Grilled Mushrooms, Steam Them – Cook’s Illustrated
- 14 Types Of Mushrooms And How To Cook With Them – Delish
- Creamy Mushroom and Green Bean Masala – Bon Appetit
- Skillet Turkey Meatloaves with Mushroom Gravy – Yahoo! Life
- Pork Chops with Creamy Mushroom Sauce – Yahoo! Life
- You Don’t Need Beef to Make A Good Burger – Star-Tribune (MN)
- Pennsylvania’s “Mushroom Capital of the World” sees demand soar – Axios
- Fungi Take Over CPG Industry With “Mushroom” One of Most Searched For Terms in Q2 of 2022 – Vegconomist
- 8 Foods That Are Good Sources of Vitamin D—and How to Add Them to Your Diet – Martha Stewart
- Mushrooms gain attention as a budget booster – The Packer
- The Mushroom Council plans year-round promotions – Produce News
MUSHROOM COUNCIL SOCIAL/DIGITAL
This week’s top posts included a Stuffed Mushroom recipe, as well as a poll asking followers for their favorite pizza toppings as told through emojis.
- Impressions: 2,296
- Engagements: 187
- Reactions: 159
- Comments: 6
- Shares: 0
Engage with this post on Instagram.
- Impressions: 1,200
- Engagements: 94
- Reactions: 51
- Comments: 12
- Shares: 2
Engage with this post on Instagram and Twitter.
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.