Media Placements – 06/07/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 06-07-2021
Rosanne Rust, MS, RDN spotlighted blended burgers in a recent blog post on add-ins for extra nutrition, asking her readers, “If you’re not adding chopped mushrooms to your burgers, what are you waiting for?” Furthermore, she explains that “adding chopped mushrooms to your ground meat for burgers not only adds nutrition, it makes a more delicious burger.”
E&T Engineering and Technology shared details of a new study from Penn State’s College of Agricultural Sciences regarding a prototype that is “capable of both picking and trimming mushrooms growing in a shelf system.” The research could help alleviate labor shortages and rising labor costs, according to Professor Long He.
Air-fried crispy mushrooms are making waves. The gaining popularity of this recipe (thanks to Reddit and TikTok) has caught attention from popular outlets, including The Kitchn and EatingWell, whom of which said “air-fried mushrooms might just be the next big thing.”
Share the Blended Burger Contest on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Add-Ins for a Nutrition Boost – Rust Nutrition Services
- Six Reasons to Try a Blended Mushroom-Beef Burger – Rebecca Bitzer & Associates
- Your Dietitian: Marvelous mushrooms’ umami flavor – The Chronicle-Telegram (Elyria, OH)
- Button mushrooms deftly picked and neatly trimmed by robot – E&T Engineering and Technology
- 7 Impressive Benefits of Oyster Mushrooms – Healthline
- Crispy Air-Fryer Mushrooms Are Taking Over the Internet – and for Good Reason – EatingWell
- I Tried the Reddit-Famous Crispy Air-Fried Mushrooms (and Whoa, They’re Good) – The Kitchn
- Portobello Mushroom Pizza – A Couple Cooks
- New on the Menu: Mushroom tempura, carrot curry and pea dessert – Restaurant Hospitality
Top posts this week include a recipe for breakfast burritos and an engagement post asking Facebook fans to weigh in on their most common way to cook mushrooms at home.
- Impressions: 12,867
- Engagements: 468
- Reactions: 176
- Comments: 2
- Shares: 43
Engage and share this post on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Impressions: 22,247
- Engagements: 2,023
- Reactions: 1,098
- Comments: 125
- Shares: 58
Let us know your favorite way to cook mushrooms on Facebook.