Media Placements – 05/31/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 05-31-2021
Eat This, Not That! highlighted the importance of adding more vegetables into your meals. Chef Audrey Sweetwood of Freshly, a food delivery service, provided tips & tricks on how to seamlessly add more veggies, starting with mushrooms. “‘Thanks to their ‘meaty’ taste and texture, mushrooms make a great addition to bulk-up burgers, meatballs, meatloaf, etc., adding in extra nutrients, fiber, and moisture without sacrificing flavor,’ Sweetwood says.”
In honor of National Hamburger Day, Foodservice Director shared 5 burger recipes, including Stephanie Izard’s Blended Burger. The burger recipe was developed in partnership with The Council in 2018 to promote the Blended Burger Project.
Share the Blended Burger Contest on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- The Best Ways to Sneak Veggies Into Every Meal, Says Expert – Eat This, Not That!
- The Best and Worst Kinds of Burgers for Your Health, Ranked by Nutritionists – HuffPost
- The Flex Burger – DJ Blatner
- FoodPrint Guide to Eco-Friendly Grilling – FoodPrint
- 50 Best Foods That Lower Your Cancer Risk – Eat This, Not That!, MSN
- Grilled Portobello Mushroom Tacos – The Defined Dish
- How to Store Your Mushrooms to Make Them Last Longer – Lifehacker
- Mushroom Shawarma Bowls – The Kitchn
- You Should Be Using This Kitchen Tool To Slice Mushrooms – Mashed
- Recipe report: Best-in-class burgers – Foodservice Director
- Mushrooms Gain Momentum As Versatile Ingredient And Immunity-Booster – Produce Business
Top posts this week included “how to grill mushrooms” for National Barbeque Month, as well as a weeknight dinner recipe.
- Impressions: 6,259
- Engagements: 3,235 views
- Reactions: 114
- Comments: 7
- Shares: 15
Watch and share this video on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Impressions: 3,875
- Engagements: 272
- Reactions: 134
- Comments: 2
- Shares: 46