Get Social – Share These Media Placements
Mushrooms in the News: 02-24-17
This week, QSR, FSR, FreshPlaza and The Packer all featured the press release announcing the third-annual Blended Burger Project, noting how chefs can now sign up to participate.
In addition, MSN featured tips from Sarah-Jane Bedwell, R.D., L.D.N., host of ‘Cooking with Sarah-Jane’, on how to make your food last longer, which included a mention of The Blend. Bedwell notes: “The texture and flavor of the mushrooms blends seamlessly with the meat, and it allows you to use less meat in one go—meaning more for later. Plus, it’s a great easy way to cut a few calories, if that’s something you’re interested in doing.”
- Registration Now Open for James Beard’s Annual Blended Burger Project – FSR Magazine
- Sign Up Now for the James Beard Blended Burger Project – QSR
- Restaurants sign-up for 3rd annual Blended Burger project – FreshPlaza
- 11 Easy Ways to Make Your Food Last Longer – MSN (via SELF)
- Getting Sneaky with Some Kitchen Blends – That Odd Mom
- James Beard Foundation launches mushroom burger blend contest – The Packer
Mushroom Nutrition, Recipes and Other News
- Mailbox: Seafood stuffed mushrooms. Looking for recipes from Chowder House, Pava’s chocolate mousse. – Sacramento Bee
- Mushroom and spinach crepes are heart healthy – Detroit Free Press
- Take Five – Mushroom Gorgonzola Cream Sauce – Food Network Magazine
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/ DIGITAL ACTIVITY
Most Popular Mushroom Channel Social Posts
Facebook: Pulses and mushrooms are both cholesterol-free and low in sodium. All the flavor, minus the guilt. What’s your go-to pulse + mushroom combo?
- 1,114 Reactions
- 30,451 Reached
Twitter: Lamb is a source of healthy, unsaturated fats. Mushrooms are low-cal. Win, win!
- 499 Impressions
- 8 Engagements
Instagram: Take a page from @theminimalistrd and go #blenditarian tonight!
- 84 Likes
Pinterest: Creamy French Lentils with Mushrooms and Kale
- 331 repins