- 1 lb white button mushrooms, sliced 8 oz assorted shiitake, crimini and oyster mushrooms
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 c dry marsala wine
- 3 lbs ground angus beef, 80/20 meat-to-fat ratio
Roasted Garlic Aioli:
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp puréed roasted garlic 1⁄2 c sour cream
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tsp white pepper
Fried Shallots with Truffle Oil:
- 14 c canola oil for frying
- 4 large shallots, thinly sliced 2 c our
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp tru e oil
- 6 large hamburger buns of choice softened butter
- 6 slices fontina cheese
- Burger Patties: In a braising pan over medium heat, cook mushrooms until juices are released. Continue to simmer until all moisture is evaporated. Add marsala and cook down until all liquid is gone. Transfer mushrooms to a bowl and place in refrigerator to cool. Once cooled, add mushrooms to food processor and pulse until nely chopped. In a medium bowl add mushrooms and ground beef, mix until well combined. Divide into six 8-ounce balls.
- Roasted Garlic Aioli: In a bowl, add mayonnaise, garlic, sour cream, white vinegar, salt and white peppe; whisk until smooth.
- Fried Shallots with Truffle Oil: In a heavy-bottom saucepan tted with a deep-fry thermometer, heat oil to 350°F. Rinse shallots under cold water and place in a large bowl. Add our to bowl and toss until shallots are coated. Shake o excess and drop shallots into hot oil. While frying, stir constantly until golden and crispy. Remove shallots from oil and transfer to a clean bowl. Toss with salt, pepper and truffe oil.
- Cook Burger Patties: In a large skillet heated to 400°F, place burger portions on pan and press into 1⁄2-inch patties. Generously season with salt and pepper. Cook until crust has formed, about 5 minutes. Flip and continue to cook, about 5 minutes. Place 1 slice of cheese on each patty and cook until melted. Remove burgers from heat to rest. Spread softened butter onto each half of bun and toast in skillet until golden brown. Remove bun and spread a tablespoon of aioli on the bottom half of each bun, with burger patty and fried tru e shallots. Top with bun and serve.
If you like this, try these:
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jenn Louis of Lincoln RestaurantView Recipe
Ground chuck blended with shiitake mushrooms, romesco, grilled spring onions, salsa verde aioli, butter lettuce on a toasted brioche bun.View Recipe