- 2 tbsp blend oil
- 2 lb crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp minced shallot
- 1 tsp minced Thyme
- 2 lb ground lean pork
- 1/2 lb ground fatback
- 1 ea onion, minced
- 2 ea jalapeños, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ea Anaheim pepper, small dice
- 5 each scallion, sliced thin, greens and whites
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 8 eggs
- 2 yolks
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- Canola oil for frying
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add half mushrooms, and sauté until brown on both sides. Add half of the butter, half the shallots, and half the thyme. Cook a few more minutes until the shallots cook out. Drain mushrooms on a perforated pan. Repeat with remaining mushrooms. Set aside to cool.
- When the mushrooms are cool, process in a robot coupe until finely chopped.
- In a large electric mixer, combine the remainder of the ingredients including the chopped mushrooms with the paddle attachment for 30 seconds. Do not overmix.
- Form into 2 ounce balls by hand. Heat oil to a rondeau until just before smoking. Add the meatballs and sear on all sides until cook through. Drain on paper towels and re-season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with Piri Piri Sauce, Romesco or any sauce you desire.
If you like this, try these:
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jenn Louis of Lincoln RestaurantView Recipe
Ground chuck blended with shiitake mushrooms, romesco, grilled spring onions, salsa verde aioli, butter lettuce on a toasted brioche bun.View Recipe