Salem Hills Farm Grass-Fed Black Angus and Urban Gourmet Farm Maitake Patties, housemade benne seed bun, white cabbage slaw, mustard, and beef & maitake chilli.
- 1/2 head white cabbage
- 1 each carrot
- 2 each shallot
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 each egg yolk
- 1 tsp tabasco
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 pint canola oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 6 oz ground beef
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 4oz canned tomato
- 1 Pint mushroom sStock
- 20 oz ground beef
- 12 oz ground maitake mushroom
- 4 tbsp Lusty Monk mustard
- 4 each burger bun
For the Slaw:
- In a food processor chop very finely cabbage, carrot, and shallot. Season with salt and pepper in mixing bowl and reserve in refrigerator.
- In a bar blender combine egg yolks, tabasco, garlic. Process until well combined. Slowly drizzle in canola oil to form emulsified sauce (Aioli).
- Thoroughly mix cut cabbage mixture with apple cider vinegar, and aioli. Season with salt and pepper and reserve for later use.
For the Chili Sauce:
- In a medium sized pot, brown 6oz of ground beef on high heat, add in cumin, coriander, paprika, and toast spices, add canned tomato and mushroom stock and simmer for 30 minutes or until 75% of the liquid is reduced.
- With an immersion blender process chili until it is thoroughly combined and the correct “hot dog chili” consistency. At this point it your chili is too loose you can reduce more on low heat. If it is too tight you can add more mushroom stock. Season with salt and pepper and reserve hot for later use.
For the Burger Patties
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the remaining ground beef with the ground maitake mushroom, season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Measure the burger patties into 4oz portions and then form burgers approximately 15% bigger than your bun diameter.
To Assemble the Burgers:
- Toast buns on grill and reserve on a cutting board.
- Grill blended burgers until medium well, approximately 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Spread mustard on each side of the buns.
- Place one patty on the bottom bun, top with chili and slaw, add second patty and repeat chili and slaw. Place top bun on and serve hot. Enjoy.
If you like this, try these:
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jenn Louis of Lincoln RestaurantView Recipe
Ground chuck blended with shiitake mushrooms, romesco, grilled spring onions, salsa verde aioli, butter lettuce on a toasted brioche bun.View Recipe