Blended Mushroom Meatloaf with Mushroom Sauce
A meatloaf recipe that guarantees a dose of mushrooms in every bite.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms – divided kosher
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 3/4 cups broth – divided
- 1/2 cup half/half
- 1 1/2 pounds meatloaf blend (beef, pork, veal)
- 1/2 onion – minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg – beaten
- Into a large oven proof skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add 12 ounces sliced mushrooms. Season with salt, pepper and thyme. Cook until mushrooms are softened.
- Sprinkle flour on top of mushrooms. Stir until well coated. Add 2 1/2 cups of broth. Continue cooking until mixture begins to thicken. Add cream and remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pulse remaining 4 ounces of mushrooms in a food processor.
- Into a large bowl add: meat, onion, Worcestershire, 1/4 cup broth, panko, egg and mushrooms. Mix until just combined.
- Form into two equal loafs and place into skillet (in sauce).
- Transfer to oven and bake for approximately 1 hour or until meat is cooked through. Skim fat off sauce prior to serving.
If you like this, try these:
Beef and Maitake Mushroom Meatball Burgers with Tomato Butter Sauce
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jenn Louis of Lincoln RestaurantView Recipe
Ground chuck blended with shiitake mushrooms, romesco, grilled spring onions, salsa verde aioli, butter lettuce on a toasted brioche bun.View Recipe
Kentucky proud beef, button mushroom patty topped with huitlacoche queso fresco, avocado crema, crispy potatoes, cilantro & red onion on a local bolillo bun.View Recipe