Scrambled eggs with sweet peppers, assorted mushrooms and onions sautéed in a green curry sauce stuffed in Naan bread with spicy radish sprouts
Green Curry Sauce:
- 2 (13.5-ounce) cans unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ cup green curry paste
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ cup minced fresh basil
- Canola oil as needed
- 8 ounces sliced assorted mushrooms (white button, crimini and shiitake)
- 2 to 3 large red bell peppers, julienne
- 2 to 3 large green bell peppers, julienne
- 1 medium sweet onion, julienne
- 24 large eggs, beaten or 2 pounds 10 ounces frozen, thawed or refrigerated liquid whole eggs
- 12 Naan bread or oven-baked flatbread
- Spicy radish sprouts, for garnish
- Green Curry Sauce: Heat coconut milk, curry paste and fish sauce in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in fresh basil. Keep warm.
- Sandwich Filling: Heat 1 teaspoon oil in small sauté pan over medium high heat. Add 1 ounce sliced mushrooms and cook until softened, then add 1 ounce red bell pepper, 1 ounce green bell pepper and 1 ounce sweet onion, and sauté for about 1 minute. Add 3 tablespoons warm green curry sauce and cook for about 1 minute until vegetables are crisp tender. Set aside and keep warm.
- For Each Sandwich: Whisk 2 eggs (about ⅓ cup) pour into a spray-coated 8-inch non-stick sauté pan. Cook eggs until firm throughout, with no visible liquid egg remaining.
- Sandwich Assembly: Warm Naan in a hot oven or on a dry sauté pan. Spoon eggs and vegetable mixture down the center of the Naan; add 2 tablespoons of curry sauce. Garnish with sprouts. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try these:
Recipe developed at The Culinary Institute of America With The Mushroom Council.View Recipe
“I have been in food for my whole life, so I love to foster people in the culinary world, just in helping them eat, in learning how to bring food in a healthy way into their lifestyle, and in being more knowledgeable of food.”View Recipe