Green Curry Egg Sandwich
- Yield: 12 sandwiches 1x
Scrambled eggs with sweet peppers, assorted mushrooms and onions sautéed in a green curry sauce stuffed in Naan bread with spicy radish sprouts
Green Curry Sauce:
- 2 (13.5-ounce) cans unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ cup green curry paste
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ cup minced fresh basil
- Canola oil as needed
- 8 ounces sliced assorted mushrooms (white button, crimini and shiitake)
- 2 to 3 large red bell peppers, julienne
- 2 to 3 large green bell peppers, julienne
- 1 medium sweet onion, julienne
- 24 large eggs, beaten or 2 pounds 10 ounces frozen, thawed or refrigerated liquid whole eggs
- 12 Naan bread or oven-baked flatbread
- Spicy radish sprouts, for garnish
- Green Curry Sauce: Heat coconut milk, curry paste and fish sauce in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in fresh basil. Keep warm.
- Sandwich Filling: Heat 1 teaspoon oil in small sauté pan over medium high heat. Add 1 ounce sliced mushrooms and cook until softened, then add 1 ounce red bell pepper, 1 ounce green bell pepper and 1 ounce sweet onion, and sauté for about 1 minute. Add 3 tablespoons warm green curry sauce and cook for about 1 minute until vegetables are crisp tender. Set aside and keep warm.
- For Each Sandwich: Whisk 2 eggs (about ⅓ cup) pour into a spray-coated 8-inch non-stick sauté pan. Cook eggs until firm throughout, with no visible liquid egg remaining.
- Sandwich Assembly: Warm Naan in a hot oven or on a dry sauté pan. Spoon eggs and vegetable mixture down the center of the Naan; add 2 tablespoons of curry sauce. Garnish with sprouts. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try these:
Barbecue Pulled Mushroom Slider with Blueberry and Cabbage Slaw
Recipe developed at The Culinary Institute of America With The Mushroom Council.View Recipe
Gooey Kennett Mushroom Macaroni and Cheese
“I have been in food for my whole life, so I love to foster people in the culinary world, just in helping them eat, in learning how to bring food in a healthy way into their lifestyle, and in being more knowledgeable of food.”View Recipe
Mushroom Pasta Sauce
Courtesy of the Culinary Institute of America and the Mushroom Council.View Recipe