On 80% of all menus, mushrooms are one of the top ingredients appearing on menus*.
They are growing on/with/in burgers, chicken, eggs, pizza and appetizers and are one of the top vegetables served in each of these menuparts.
No other food can be used in so many ways, while serving up so much flavor. Fresh mushrooms fit into every daypart, every cuisine, and every diet. They not only deliver great, earthy taste because of their umami, but enhanced nutrition and functional benefits as well. Learn more about how nature’s hidden treasure is trending upward in foodservice, retail and with consumers.
See how mushrooms are trending:
- Whole Foods Market Forecasts Top 10 Food Trends for 2021, Whole Foods Market
- These Are Going to Be the 10 Biggest Food Trends of 2021, According to Whole Foods, Real Simple
- Food Trends for 2021 Are Better For Your Health and the Earth, Well+Good
- Here’s why mushrooms are the next health and wellness trend, TODAY
- Blended Products Are on the Rise: Here’s What You Need to Know, Organic Authority
- Specialty mushrooms a growing niche market, The Kansan
- The 20 Healthiest Vegetables You Can Eat, According to Top Nutritionists, Yahoo!
- Mushroom ales soar as Americans cook more at home during pandemic, UPI
- To the Surprise of Exactly No One, Mushrooms Are Now the Most Popular Item in the Produce Aisle, The Kitchn
- Move over, kale: Mushrooms are the new grocery aisle celebrities, CNN
- Top Consumer Trends for 2020, The New York
- Eat your way through the Whole Foods list of 2020 food trends, CNN
Mushroom Penetration in Foodservice
Mushrooms are appearing on more menus and in more LTOs than ever before. This study showcases mushroom penetration on menus, how mushroom perform in various segments, how they are used with various cuisines and operations.
Find our past and present press releases distributed by the Mushroom Council.