Media Placements – 09/26/2022
Mushrooms in the News: 09-26-2022
Improving your health through nutritious eating habits was top of mind this week. An op-ed from Food for Climate League in the Washington Post included mushrooms in their reminder to consumers that plant-based isn’t just turning vegetables into substitutes for other items. Dawn Jackson Blatner, R.D. was interviewed on WGN-AM in Chicago, touting the blended burger as an option to eat healthier while grilling.
Mushroom-centric recipes were also mentioned frequently this week. The New York Times included them in their Full English Breakfast recipe, while Delish shared their stuffed mushroom recipe via two different recipe galleries. KARE11 in Minneapolis shared a mushroom crostini recipe from the local grocer Kowalski’s, while the Anchorage Daily News shared their favorite way to add a twist to the classic Cacio e Pepe pasta recipe.
Media + Social Digital Highlights
- Full English Breakfast – The New York Times
- Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms – Delish
- Our Favorite Simple Recipes With 7 Ingredients or Fewer – The New York Times
- Don’t forget plants amid the ‘plant-based hype’ – The Washington Post
- How To Clean Mushrooms, According To Geoffrey Zakarian – Mashed
- 20 Stunning Side Dishes For Pasta – Delish
- Penne ‘n’ Portobellos – Woman’s World
- Mushroom Fajitas – Closer Weekly
- 15 Mushrooms and How to Use Them in Vegan Cooking – Veg News
- Quick and affordable plant-based recipes that everyone will love – LoveFood
- Mushroom crostini from Kowalski’s – KARE11 (Minneapolis, MN)
- Kennett Square Holds Title of ‘Mushroom Capital of the World’ for Good Reason – Vista.Today
- Why You Should Think Twice Before Throwing Out Old Button Mushrooms – Tasting Table
- These Vegan Kung Pao Mushrooms Are Way Better Than Takeout – Thrillist
- This Mushroom Quesadilla Will Introduce You to Your New Favorite Greens – Kitchn
- Try adding mushrooms to this classic Roman dish – Anchorage Daily News
- 50 Easy Appetizers For Last-Minute Entertaining – Delish
- Cooking for a crowd? Chicken and charred mushroom larb is the flavor-packed answer – Salon
- Mushrooms Naturally is growing high-quality mushrooms for St. Louis chefs and home cooks – Feast
- Interview with Dawn Jackson Blatner, R.D. – WGN-AM 9/19/22)
- Steakhouse Mushroom Casserole – Taste of Home
MUSHROOM COUNCIL SOCIAL/DIGITAL
This week’s top posts include a nod to the New York Times naming mushrooms as the ‘2022 Ingredient of the Year’, while the second post answered some common questions about mushrooms.
- Impressions: 1,216
- Engagements: 102
- Reactions: 93
- Comments: 1
- Shares: 1
- Impressions: 914
- Engagements: 58
- Reactions: 50
- Comments: 2
- Shares: 6
Engage with this post on Instagram.
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.