Media Placements – 07/26/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 07-26-2021
The Takeout highlighted how the Blend is an ideal technique for making burgers better, focusing particularly on how mushrooms elevate the taste of the burger while eliminating calories.
Eat This, Not That showcased mushrooms in two of their 6 Easy Burger recipes. Readers can go with a full size portabella, or cut it in half for smaller sliders. One of life’s simple pleasures is to throw a portabella mushroom on the grill and let it absorb those delicious smoky flavors.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Adding more vegetables, fruits to meals – Washington Post
- 6 very different ways to make a burger – The Takeout
- 6 Easy Burger Recipes You Need to Try This Summer – Eat This, Not That!
- Mushrooms with Chiles, Limes and Mint – Washington Post
- Instant Pot Parmesan-Mushroom Risotto with Peas – Yahoo! Life
- Pulled King Trumpet Mushrooms – Washington Post
- Turkey Tetrazzini – The Kitchn
- Alabama mushroom farmers lend magic to restaurant dishes, delicious home cooking – Alabama Newscenter
- Missouri Forest Farmers Find Buyers For Mushrooms, Ginseng And Other Understory Crops – STL NPR
- Mixing trees and crops can help both farmers and the climate – Science News
The top posts this week were focused on two fun holidays: National Macaroni and Cheese Day, and World Emoji Day. For World Emoji Day, the Council asked social media followers to comment how they were enjoying mushrooms that day, using emojis only. Comments included:
- Impressions: 15,596
- Engagements: 893
- Reactions: 375
- Comments: 107
- Shares: 18
- Impressions: 17,290
- Engagements: 1,000
- Reactions: 535
- Comments: 20
- Shares: 60
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.