Media Placements – 08/02/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 08-02-2021
First Taste TV partnered with the Mushroom Council for an engaging episode, packed with games, fun facts, and some special guests, all targeted toward the K12 school foodservice professional. Malissa Marsden, a consultant to the Mushroom Council, shared recipes, information about varieties and sizing as well as packaging sizes available for schools.
Bon Appetit released a feature about mushroom jerky as a plant-based option that you can buy packaged or even make at home with the recipe provided. Mushroom sustainability is also noted, as well as other uses for mycelium: “Another perk of going full fungi: not only is mushroom jerky delicious and seriously nutritious, but I also feel better knowing it’s gentler on the earth. And mushrooms are a sustainable alternative to more than just fake meat. Thanks to their unique structure and chemical properties, they provide the ideal building blocks for everything from housing insulation to faux leather.”
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- First Taste TV featuring The Mushroom Council
- Cremini Mushroom Nutrition – Greatist
- Oyster Mushroom Benefits – Greatist
- Celebrate the Opening Ceremonies with an easy ramen recipe – The Bulletin
- Muffin-Tin Scrambled Eggs – Taste of Home
- Farmers Market Feasting – Chicago Tribune
- Pickled Mushrooms – Good Housekeeping
- Mushroom Jerky – Bon Appetit
- Cube Steak with Mushroom Gravy – The Kitchn
- Ultimate Veggie Burgers – Food & Wine
- Demand for mushrooms great, supply iffy – The Packer
This week, the Council asked followers to participate in a “pop quiz” by answering: Which U.S. state products the most mushrooms? A large majority of the post comments were for B, Pennsylvania.
- Impressions: 24,237
- Engagements: 2,780
- Reactions: 835
- Comments: 181
- Shares: 41
Engage with this post on Facebook.
- Impressions: 20,811
- Engagements: 1,510
- Reactions: 600
- Comments: 25
- Shares: 131
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.