Media Placements – 05/23/2022
Mushrooms in the News: 05-23-2022
PureWow – a lifestyle digital news outlet – declared mushrooms the nation’s trendiest food. “First, it was kale. Then, it was cauliflower. Now, the mushroom—yes, the most divisive item in the produce section—is the trendiest vegetable (er, fungi) of our era.”
The Mushroom Council continued its partnership with Food Network for this year’s iteration of the Blended Burger Contest. Celebrating the Blend, home cooks as well as professional chefs have the opportunity to enter their twist on a Blended Burger, with $10,000 and recognition in Food Network Magazine as the prize. This news earned widespread coverage this past week in trades such as The Packer, Produce News, Produce Blue Book and Perishable news.
Portabellas continue earning greater attention: Parade shared 46 portabella mushroom recipes which prove that portabellas fit with almost any cuisine. From appetizers to entrees, portabella mushrooms can be utilized in a variety of recipes. Similarly, Delish featured 21 portabella recipes.
Mashed spotlighted mushrooms as “one of the most eco-friendly foods on the planet,” citing the sustainability report’s data.
- Chicken piccata is saucy, speedy and works with a mushroom swap – Washington Post
- We’re Calling It: Mushrooms Are the New Cauliflower – Pure Wow
- 46 Hearty Portobello Mushroom Recipes That Outshine All the Other ‘Shroom-Based Dishes – Parade
- I’m a Registered Dietitian and Spent $99.88 on a Week’s Worth of Groceries at Whole Foods — Here’s What I Bought – The Kitchn
- The mushroom is the star ingredient in this smoked ragu and vegetable stock – In The Know by Yahoo
- Savory Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Cobbler – Washington Post
- Air Fryer Feta Stuffed Lamb Burgers – Snacking in Sneakers
- 25 Anti-Inflammatory Dinners in 25 Minutes – Yahoo!
- 21 Portobello Mushroom Recipes – Delish
- 25 Plant-Based BBQ Recipes For All Your Summer Cookouts – Mashed
- The Most Eco-Friendly Foods On The Planet – Mashed
- BBQ Mushroom Pizza – Bon Appetit
- What is the nutritional value of mushrooms? – Medical News Today
- Jake Plummer Is Sold on Functional Mushrooms – Westword
- Mushrooms Are Finally Having a Moment – HourDetroit
- Behold, the mushroom – Spectrum Health
- Mushroom Council continues Food Network partnership on blended burgers – Produce Blue Book
- Mushroom Council teams up with Food Network – Produce News
- Mushroom Council Teams with Food Network in Print and Online to Tout Blended Burgers to Home and Professional Cooks – Perishable News
- Mushroom Council teams with Food Network to tout blended burgers – The Packer
- Mushrooms Are More Popular than ever – Produce News
- Creamed spring onions & crispy trumpet mushrooms – Melina Hammer
This week’s top posts included a recipe to celebrate National Barbecue Day, as well as the announcement for the Blended Burger Contest 2022.
- Impressions: 3817
- Engagements: 153
- Reactions: 105
- Comments: 4
- Shares: 10
- Impressions: 1,019
- Engagements: 67
- Reactions: 61
- Comments: 4
- Shares: 0
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.