Media Placements – 05/30/2022
Mushrooms in the News: 05-30-2022
Portabella’s versatility was on full display in an article by Mashed, which explained how portabellas can be used across dayparts and cuisines. The article shares the history of portabellas, starting at their boom in popularity in the 1980’s.
Also keeping portabellas top of mind among consumers, Richard Blais appeared on the Rachael Ray Show this week illustrating how to grill “Creamy Corn Salad Served in Grilled Portobello Caps.”
Bon Appetit’s Sarah Jampel released her version of a “Smashroom Sandwich”, which is a smashburger made with mushrooms rather than meat. The sandwich is crispy, tender, and full of flavor.
In foodservice, Plate Magazine profiled Spike Mendelsohn’s Culinary Institute of America’s Global Plant-Forward Culinary Summit presentation, including his recipe mimicking crab meat with Lion’s Mane mushrooms.
In retail trades, PMG’s “Tip of the Iceberg” podcast was all about mushrooms this week. Adriane Rippberger was interviewed, where she detailed the history of the partnership between the Mushroom Council and Food Network, as well as provided some more information on how mushrooms and The Blend can fit into your diet.
- Smashroom Sandwich – Bon Appetit
- How Portobello Mushrooms Became So Trendy In Recipes – Mashed
- Jeff Mauro’s Spinach and Mushroom Stuffed Shells – Food Network
- Instant Pot Mushrooms & Chickpeas Grits – Washington Post
- How to Tell If Mushrooms Are Bad – EatingWell
- Creamy Grilled Corn Salad Served in Grilled Portobello Caps | Richard Blais – Rachael Ray
- How to Make Creamy Grilled Corn Salad Served in Grilled Portobello Caps – Yahoo! Entertainment
- Lunchbreak: Mushroom Toast – WGNTV (Chicago)
- Local farm makes room for mushrooms – Post Bulletin (Rochester, MN)
- Mushroom magic: 5 ways fungus-based technology will change the world – BBC Science Focus Magazine
- How to Wash Mushrooms – Real Simple
- Mushrooms add an earthy flavor for the perfect burger – Salem News
- Gene-edited mushrooms and tomatoes could hit supermarket shelves next year – INews (UK)
- Can you create the world’s best mushroom blend burger? – The Packer
- ‘Tip of the Iceberg’ podcast: How to convert mushroom haters – PMG
- A California Chef Embraces Mushrooms During Their Meatiest Moment – Plate
- Spike Mendelsohn Mimics Crab Meat With Lion’s Mane Mushrooms and More – Plate
- Quality and consistency keys to Phillips Mushroom Farms’ success – Produce News
- Why is mushroom growing in the US and Europe different? – New Food Magazine
- Creamed spring onions & crispy trumpet mushrooms – Melina Hammer
This week’s top posts included a refresher video on how to grill mushrooms, as well as a post sharing a Sausage, Mushroom, and Pickled Pepper Pizza recipe from Martha Stewart.
- Impressions: 3,228
- Engagements: 151
- Reactions: 112
- Comments: 2
- Shares: 10
Engage with this post on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Impressions: 977
- Engagements: 55
- Reactions: 50
- Comments: 1
- Shares: 1
Engage with this post on Instagram and Twitter.
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.