Media Placements – 03/01/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 03-01-2021
Real Simple provided insight on people’s growing obsession with mushrooms, making mention of the health benefits and sustainability of mushrooms. The article shares more on a Mushroom Council 2017 study, explaining that the Council “assessed the environmental impacts of growing mushrooms over two years and found that production of a pound of mushrooms requires far less water and energy than most other agricultural crops, with an extremely low CO2 emissions rate to boot.”
The new Jersey Mike’s Grilled Portabella Mushroom & Swiss sandwich was praised by Thrillist. “Jersey Mike’s made a point to emphasize that mushrooms are not only healthy—they’re free of fats and cholesterol, low in calories, and contain […] vitamins—but they have an incredibly low environmental footprint, according to the Mushroom Council,” the article said.
Foodservice Director spotlighted popular menu categories in 2020 and how these menu trends will continue into this year. Referencing Technomic data, mushroom burgers have seen a 10.5% increase as “operators are tapping new flavors to differentiate their burgers from the competition.”
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Why Is Everyone So Obsessed With Mushrooms Right Now? – Real Simple
- Jersey Mike’s New Vegetarian Sub Marries Portobello Mushrooms and Swiss Cheese – Thrillist
- Jersey Mike’s Introduces New Grilled Portabella Mushroom and Swiss Sub – Franchising.com
- Study identifies another reason to add mushrooms to American diet – News-Medical.net
- Portabella Mushroom Jerky Recipe – Chelsey Amer Nutrition
- Roadside burgers get gourmet treatment at CBT Burger – Port City Daily (Wilmington, NC)
- Hearty, Wholesome Dishes to Support Immune Systems – The Daily Courier (Prescott, AZ), The Miami Times, Oregon Family Magazine and Leader Telegram (Eau Claire, WI)
- A towering mushroom Reuben that channels the flavors of the deli classic – The Washington Post
- 12 Delicious Mushroom Recipes to Convert Mushroom Haters – Pinch of Yum
- How To Cook King Oyster Mushrooms Perfectly – Wide Open Eats
- Menus on the Move – Foodservice Director
- Foodservice to Menu Health and Immunity, New Report Finds – Winsight Grocery Business
- Fresh Insights for Foodservice – United Fresh
Top posts this week included the promotion of Jersey Mike’s new Portabella Mushroom sub, as well as the Real Simple article, “Why is Everyone So Obsessed with Mushrooms Right Now?”.
- Impressions: 11,117
- Engagements: 645
- Reactions: 320
- Comments: 42
- Shares: 66
What people are saying:
- That looks so tasty
- Oh my! I am getting some mushrooms today
- Sounds great
- Oh, My!!! That looks incredible
- Had it last night! It was great.
- I had that sandwich a couple of weeks ago and it is delicious!! I highly recommend it!!
Engage with these posts and help promote the Jersey Mike’s Mushroom sub:
- Impressions: 3,722
- Engagements: 393
- Reactions: 165
- Comments: 51
- Shares: 9
What people are saying:
- They are one of the healthiest natural foods on earth. Full of vitamins, like potassium, magnesium and some B vitamins. Cholesterol-free, low in calories and fat.
- They’re wonderful and go with everything!
- Because they’re DELICIOUS!!
- Why not?
- They’re the true Holy Grail.
- Vitamin D
Engage with these posts: