Media Placements – 02/12/20
Mushrooms in the News: 02-12-2020
This week, CNN states “move over, kale. There’s a new celebrity in the produce aisle: mushrooms.” The in-depth article spotlights mushrooms for their rising popularity, health benefits, and sustainability.
Clean Eating Magazine highlighted mushrooms as the “only plant source of naturally occurring vitamin D” in a roundup of 6 other food sources containing the vitamin.
In the trades, Produce Business ran a 3-page feature on mushrooms with nod to the Council and The Blend™.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Move over, kale: Mushrooms are the new grocery aisle celebrities – CNN
- Free Pizza and Recipes! – Palo Alto Online
- Turkey Sloppy Joes – Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- February 2020 at Melt Bar and Grilled – Cool Cleveland
- Eat Your Vitamin D – Clean Eating
- 4 Mushroom Recipes That Change the Meatless Game – Food Network
- Chicken Parm Stuffed Portobellos – Delish
- Making The Most of Mushrooms’ Ubiquity In Winter Recipes – Produce Business
- Northwestern students embrace 21 days of places – Foodservice Director
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/DIGITAL ACTIVITY
This week, Mushroom Council shared the next monthly “Meet a Mushroom Farmer” post which was met with very positive responses and engagements from fans. If you’d like to feature a mushroom grower, please reach out to Heather (firstname.lastname@example.org).
“My favorite part of growing mushrooms is the challenge that comes with the whole process. There are so many stages throughout the composting and growing cycle that need to be done properly for you to be successful. Working with our team to overcome these challenges is definitely the part I love the most.” – Jason Patterson, mushroom farm manager
- 15,608 post impressions
- 1,329 engagements with posts
- Dozens of comments, including
- I appreciate your efforts
- Thank you for doing your job.
- Thank u. Love mushrooms