Media Placements – 02/19/20
Mushrooms in the News: 02-19-2020
The CNN story from last week continued to gain recognition, appearing on The Kitchn and MSN with mushrooms being labeled as grocery “celebrities” and “the most popular item in the produce aisle.”
Local Arkansas burger chain, Big Orange, was featured in a segment on Northwest Arkansas ALIVE. Scott McGehee, executive chef, shared with viewers the blended Umami Burger as a healthier burger alternative.
In trade, Restaurant Business included mushrooms as a flavor to look out for. The article explains that “mushrooms’ meaty flavor and juicy texture have made them favorite meat substitutes and enhancers,” with a nod to the blended burger.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- To the Surprise of Exactly No One, Mushrooms Are Now the Most Popular Item in the Produce Aisle – The Kitchn
- Mushrooms are the new grocery aisle celebrities – MSN
- Why the Blenditarian Movement is a Win-Win For Healthy Eaters – MyFitnessPal
- Mushroom + Beef Sloppy Joes – The Wendy Williams Show
- Northwest Arkansas ALIVE – KHOG (Fort Smith)
- Indy Style – featuring The Produce Mom, Lori Taylor – WISH-IN (Indianapolis)
- Why You’re Suddenly Seeing Mushrooms Everywhere – Refinery29
- 14 Best Foods for Digestion – Academy of Culinary Nutrition
- Stir-Fried Cucumbers With Trumpet Mushrooms and Torch Hei Recipe – Serious Eats
- Color Your Plate – Diabetic Living
- Stuffed Mushrooms – Delish
- Shiitake Mushroom Jerky – Chelsea Amer Nutrition
- USDA Seeks Nominees for the Mushroom Council – Perishable News
- Product Picks – Restaurant Business
- Flavors to Watch – Restaurant Business
- 3 Ways to Offer Plant-Based Dishes with A Global Spin – Restaurant Business
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/DIGITAL ACTIVITY
This past week, MC shared the CNN article (“Mushrooms are the new grocery aisle celebrities”) on social and our fans went crazy for it.
- 19,935 people reached
- 3,190 engagements
- 305 link clicks
- 396 comments, including
- Nothing better than mushrooms. All kinds
- ALWAYS mushrooms
- Bring it! All of em! Bring them all to the stores!?
- If I can only have one topping on my pizza, I’m picking mushrooms (as long as they aren’t canned). If I can have one sautéed side item, I’m picking mushrooms. One fried side; mushrooms. There are a ton of different kinds of yummy mushrooms and about a bajillion ways to serve them.
- Mushrooms are life