- 2 cups oyster mushrooms
- 1 cup shitake Mushrooms
- 1 cup portabello mushroom
- Olive oil
- 1 loaf of seedy whole grain bread
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups dry white wine, like sauvignon blanc
- ½ cup crème fraiche
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon Fresh chopped rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Thin sliced chives, for garnish
- Finely chop the mushrooms and sear in a skillet in batches. Note: make sure the mushrooms have room and are not on top of each other. The mushrooms need to sear, not steam.
- While searing shrooms, toast the bread. Set aside.
- Once shrooms are seared, return to pan and add garlic. Season with salt and pepper and continue cooking for about one minute. Add wine and reduce by half. Add in crème fraiche and chopped herbs. Stir together.
- Place the mushrooms with sauce on the toast. Garnish with chive oil and chopped chives.
- Chive Oil Recipe: Chives, coarsely chopped, 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Blend chopped chives with oil. On low heat, simmer blended chive in oil for 45 min. Strain though cheese cloth or a chinois. Chill in an airtight container. Set aside (will hold in fridge about two weeks).