Monthly Shipping and Marketing Report | March 2019
Mushroomcouncil.org is currently down as we are in the midst of revamping the site. In the meantime, if you need anything please contact Heather@mushroomcouncil.org.
Open Positions on the Council (2020-2022 term):
A call for nominations was sent on February 1, 2019, for three open positions on the Council for the 2020-2022 term.
- Region 1 (All states except CA & PA) – two open positions
- Region 2 (PA) – one open position
Mushroom growers have ideas, skills, experiences and perspectives that would benefit the industry; be a voice for your industry by becoming part of the Council.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Mushroom Council encourage all eligible producers, including women, minorities and individuals with disabilities to participate and seek a nomination.
Exemption Applications: The exemption applications for the 2019 calendar year have been mailed to those who are currently exempt. If you do not receive an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To see current charts, click here.
The Month Ahead
- March is National Nutrition Month! See page 4 of the Q1 Social Media Marketing Calendar for March’s downloadable graphics and sample social posts.
- The sign-up page for the fifth annual Blended Burger Project will be live in March. Stay tuned for updates.
- Bon Appétit’s Blended Burger Project™ consumer contest launches April 1. Stay tuned for a promotional toolkit to be emailed to industry members soon.
Highlights from February
- As a part of the February #Shroommates promotion, Mushroom Council partnered with ingredient partners to cross-promote mushroom-pairing recipes all month long. Share the love by engaging with or re-sharing some of our partners’ recipe posts:
Tracker Highlights – Period ending 12/2/2018
Spotlight – Notable and Newsworthy
- In the 4-weeks – Mushroom volume growth and an increase in price/lb. drove higher dollar sales
- In the 52-weeks – 2018 Mushroom category dollar growth rate outpaced Total Produce by +2.4 points
* IRI/FreshLook Data provided by Fusion Marketing