Media Placements – 12/21/2020
Mushrooms in the News: 12-21-2020
Mushrooms proved their versatility in a recipe round up on The Washington Post.
The Williamsport Sun-Gazette (Williamsport, PA) highlighted the nutritional benefits of mushrooms in a list of “Eight reasons to eat mushrooms” last week. Additionally, the article included a recipe for blended Mushroom Beef Sloppy Joes made with crimini and white buttons.
In a list of nutrient-rich foods on Eat This, Not That!, mushrooms, shiitake in particular, are mentioned as they “‘may support the body’s immune defense […].’” The article suggests to “sauté shiitake mushrooms in olive oil as a simple side, or add to omelets, rice dishes, pasta dishes, soups, and salads.”
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- 6 mushroom recipes for mixing and matching mushrooms – The Washington Post
- Practical Plates: Eight reasons to eat mushrooms – Williamsport Sun-Gazette (Williamsport, PA)
- 10 Foods to Eat, Say Doctors – Eat This, Not That!
- Immune Boosting Soup – Parsnips and Pastries
- CattleWomen’s Corner: Poor man’s filet mignon – New Mexico style – Red Bluff Daily News (Red Bluff, CA)
- Patti LaBelle Shows Her Recipe for Her Favorite Holiday Stuffing – Oprah Magazine
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms – Spend with Pennies
- Portobellos pack a punch as a meal on their own – Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Reuben Portobello Mushroom Burgers – Taste of Home
- How a Chester County writing program became a social safety net during the pandemic – WIFT (Harrisburg, PA)
Top social posts for the past week included tips for storing mushrooms and a holiday recipe for blended sausage-mushroom stuffed acorn squash.
- Impressions: 4,902
- Engagements: 262
- Reactions: 79
- Comments: 36
- Shares: 23
- Impressions: 4,277
- Engagements: 263
- Reactions: 127
- Comments: 20
- Shares: 40