Media Placements – 11/18/2020
Mushrooms in the News: 11-18-2020
Sally Kuzemchak, MS, RD shared 6 Reasons to Eat More Mushrooms on WebMD this week. She makes note of nutritional benefits, meaty flavor and ability to help with weight loss. Additionally, there is a nod to The Blend with reason 4 being “[mushrooms] vanish into ground meat.”
Lauren Manaker, MS, RDN discusses blended burgers and other foods in an article on inflammation on Eat This, Not That!
Chef Mitzi Jackson-Robinson cooked up a Short Rib & Portobello Mushroom Blended Burger on the burger portion of the Chopped Comfort Food Feud episode (first air date was November 10 on Food Network). The judges explained that “mushrooms in a burger is beautiful because it gives it an almost umami-ish flavor to it.” Chef Mitzi also entered the 2019 Blended Burger Project (see entry photo here).
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- 6 Reasons to Eat More Mushrooms – WebMD
- 14 Tips to Reduce Inflammation to Lose Weight Faster, According to RDs – Eat This, Not That!
- The Foods to Boost Your Energy Levels and Immune System as We Head Into Covid Winter – Wall Street Journal
- Comfort Food Feud: Burgers – Food Network’s Chopped
- Pa. Farm Show: Fall Food Fest is serving your favorite milkshakes, fried foods and more – The Record Herald (Waynesboro, PA)
- Eat to beat colds, flu & more – Woman’s Day
- Mushroom Gravy – Gimme Some Oven
- 24 Mushroom Recipes Your Family Will Love – Insanely Good Recipes
- 5 reasons frozen foods will trend up in 2021 – Produce Processing
The top posts in the past week were both vegan mushroom recipes for the holidays: Vegan Tofurkey with Mushroom Stuffing and Vegan Mushroom & Cranberry Wild Rice Pilaf.
- Impressions: 4,976
- Engagements: 334
- Reactions: 185
- Comments: 25
- Shares: 58
- Impressions: 3,342
- Engagements: 182
- Reactions: 70
- Comments: 18
- Shares: 16