Media Placements – 11/08/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 11-08-202
The Beet featured mushrooms as one of their 11 Fall Foods that dietitians recommend buying to help fight infection, have more energy, and keep weight gain at bay. Mushrooms are touted as “an ideal fall food since they can be a valuable source of vitamin D, especially if you’re exclusively plant-based.”
The World Economic Forum highlighted mycelium as a solution to single-use food packaging. Being able to ensure freshness, convenience, and food safety, while meeting esthetical standards and minimizing the ecological footprint, is not an easy challenge. However, sustainable packaging solutions are expected to become increasingly important over the next few years, as consumers’ preferences progressively shift towards products that are planet-friendly at an all-around level.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- The Scent of Spices, and Vegan Pho, at Bánh – The New Yorker
- 11 Fall Foods to Fight Infection, Boost Energy, Prevent Weight Gain, from RDs – The Beet
- 8 Foods That Are Surprisingly Great for Your Teeth and Gums, According to Dentists – Well + Good
- Vitamin D boosting vegetable to add to your diet to boost gut health – The Toys Matrix
- Seaweed Snacks with Cauliflower Rice and Mushrooms – Shape
- Pan-Roasted Marinated Mushrooms – Martha Stewart Living
- Rosa Jackson’s Mini Pumpkins Stuffed with Onion, Mushrooms, and Chard – The Kitchn
- Pizza Casserole – The Kitchn
- Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms with Cranberry Drizzle – AllRecipes
- Vegetarian & Vegan Centerpiece Dishes – Simply Gluten Free
- Green Bean & Mushroom Skillet – Better Homes & Gardens
- Mushroom output slowed by tight labor, input shortages – The Packer
- How mushrooms and microorganisms could transform food packaging – World Economic Forum
This week’s top two posts included a recipe share for the Council’s Mushroom, Mozzarella, and Cherry Tomato Pizza and a variety spotlight for maitake. When asked their
One of this week’s top posts asked mushroom lovers to share their favorite way to season mushrooms. Aside from the popular choices of garlic and butter, fans share some other unique pairings, including:
- White wine, rosemary, butter, and plenty of salt.
- Coconut aminos
- Thyme or Savory with dry sherry.
- Little cumin, salt, and pepper.
The other top post this week was a recipe share for the Council’s Garlic-Bacon Mushroom Bites
- Impressions: 6,821
- Engagements: 490
- Reactions: 204
- Comments: 41
- Shares: 6
Engage with this post on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Impressions: 38,290
- Engagements: 4,684
- Reactions: 1,026
- Comments: 32
- Shares: 605
Engage with this post on Facebook and Instagram.
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.