Media Placements – 11/01/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 11-01-202
Insider featured mushrooms as one of their 20 best low-carb veggies. If you reduce your carbs, it’s important to eat plenty of low-carb vegetables to ensure you receive the essential vitamins your body needs, says Kailey Proctor, RDN, oncology dietitian at the Leonard Cancer Institute with Providence Mission Hospital. Mushrooms are high in selenium, promoting cell regeneration as well as immune system support.
The “Pioneer Woman” Ree Drummond shared her meatless Mushroom Cheesesteak lettuce wraps, a fun twist on a classic dish. The Food Network personality still loves meat (she is married to a cattle rancher, after all) but lately has been offering fans lighter fare in her recipes.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- 10 Ways to Use Mushrooms As a Substitute for Meat – The Spruce Eats
- 20 of the best low-carb vegetables, according to dietitians – Insider
- Supercharge your diet with foods rich in vitamin D – Houston Chronicle
- Mushrooms: the next big weapon in the war against conventional meat – L.A. Times
- Spicy Mushroom Soup – The Seattle Times
- Portobello, Fennel & Tomato Salad – Rachael Ray in Season
- Mushroom Cheesesteak Lettuce Wraps – Cheatsheet.com
- Adobo Mushroom Tacos – Bon Appetit
- Mushrooms will definitely be more expensive next year – FreshPlaza (Germany)
- Mushroom demand is better than before the pandemic – FreshPlaza (Netherlands)
This week’s top two posts included a recipe share for the Council’s Mushroom, Mozzarella, and Cherry Tomato Pizza and a variety spotlight for maitake. When asked their favorite way to enjoy maitake mushrooms, most Facebook and Instagram fans said sautéed.
- Impressions: 8,052
- Engagements: 311
- Reactions: 141
- Comments: 20
- Shares: 17
- Impressions: 19,902
- Engagements: 1,059
- Reactions: 489
- Comments: 30
- Shares: 62
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.