Media Placements – 09/27/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 09-27-2021
For National Mushroom Month, two large national outlets presented mushroom recipe roundups. Martha Stewart featured mushroom-heavy recipes in both her magazine and her website. A range of recipes were featured, including soup, egg noodles, and a patty melt. Delish featured “40 Amazing Mushroom Recipes To Try Tonight.”
Jackie Ji Yoon highlights Shiitake mushrooms as part of his Japchae recipe for Food Network Kitchen. This recipe takes no shortcuts and calls for each component to be cooked and seasoned individually so the flavors are cleaner and more distinct in the finished dish.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Locally Grown Mushrooms to Create Hearty Meals to Celebrate National Mushroom Month – PHL17
- Can Lion’s Mane Mushroom Improve Brain Function – U.S. News
- 40 Amazing Mushroom Recipes to Try Tonight – Delish/MSN News
- Crispy Hen-of-the-Woods Mushrooms with Marinara and Parmigiano-Reggiano – Food & Wine
- Italian Beef Skillet – Successful Farming
- Beef, Pumpkin, and Shiitake Soup – Martha Stewart Living
- Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms with Egg Noodles – Martha Stewart Living
- Turkey-Mushroom Patty Melts – Martha Stewart
- Spinach & Mushroom Quiche – Yahoo! Life
- Japchae – Food Network Kitchen
- Savory Oatmeal – Budget Bytes
The top two posts for this week include a share of CNN’s 2021 Food Trends article, which dubbed mushrooms “a new celebrity in the produce aisle,” as well as a variety spotlight on portabellas.
Join us this Mushroom Month as we travel across the U.S. to highlight regional recipes, trend makers and fungi facts. The next and final stop is the South – beginning on Monday, September 26.
- Impressions: 28,056
- Engagements: 4,044
- Reactions: 2,199
- Comments: 90
- Shares: 204
- Impressions: 22,037
- Engagements: 2,507
- Reactions: 1,815
- Comments: 77
- Shares: 91
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.