Media Placements – 07/29/2020
Mushrooms in the News: 07-29-2020
Last week’s coverage of the growth in the specialty mushroom segment (originally published on The Kansan) received coverage in larger outlets this week, including Miami Herald, The Kansas City Star and The Washington Times.
“Swap Meat for Mushrooms” earned first place in Livestrong’s list of 7 Weight-Loss Hacks. The article advises “mixing half a ground beef portion with mushrooms or oatmeal is an excellent way to cut calories, while maintaining the density and size of your burger.”
Yahoo! republished Dr. Bob Beelman’s 2018 article from The Conversation regarding the nutrient content of mushrooms with a special emphasis on ergothioneine.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Specialty Mushrooms: A growing niche market – Miami Herald, The Kansas City Star, The Washington Times
- Why the U.S. mushroom business is migrating to Canada – The Philadelphia Inquirer
- 7 Weight-Loss Hacks That Will Help You Eat More Food for Fewer Calories – Livestrong
- 7 Foods High in Vitamin D to Add to Your Diet, According to Dietitians – Yahoo!
- How the lowly mushroom is becoming a nutritional star – Yahoo!
- 15 Recipes to Make with a Pack of Mushrooms – EatingWell
- Thyme Butter Roasted Mushrooms – Cravings by Crissy Teigen
- King Oyster Mushroom Steaks – The Pesky Vegan
- US mushroom business migrate to Canada – FreshPlaza
- South Mill Champs adds Loveday Mushroom Farms to company – The Packer
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/DIGITAL ACTIVITY
This week, Bon Appétit Test Kitchen Director Chris Morocco tested and filmed the top three Blended Burger Contest Home Edition finalists. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more details on the contest finale and the announcement of the winner.
Our top two Facebook posts for the week included a poll on vegetarian dishes and a video on the best ways to cook mushrooms.