Media Placements – 06/14/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 06-14-2021
Mia Syn, MS, RDN highlighted the nutritional benefits of mushrooms and The Blend in a recent blog post. The long-time partner of the Council encouraged readers to try The Blend as a way to help “reduce fat and calories in your favorite classic comfort foods,” such as burgers, spaghetti and tacos.
School Nutrition Association encouraged readers to enter the Blended Burger Contest in their latest print issue of School Nutrition Magazine.
Carina Stathis of Daily Mail Australia, mentioned mushrooms as one of 2021’s top 5 skincare ingredients. “Traditionally used in Chinese medicine, mushrooms have been experimented with for skincare for years and are now beginning to be incorporated in skin lotions, creams, and ointments, with the popularity of the ingredient expected to take off this season.”
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Blended Vitamin D Mushroom Burgers, Tacos and Spaghetti – Nutrition by Mia
- Study links mushroom consumption to lower cancer risk – Family Safety & Health
- Revealed: The top five skincare ingredient trends of 2021 – Daily Mail Australia
- Mushrooms Can Be A Source of Vitamin D – Johnson City (Tennessee) Press
- Bug Appetit: A Buzzy Recipe from Greg Hardesty – Indianapolis Monthly
- Shiitake “BLT” Sandwich – Clean Eating
- Perfect Portabella Pizza – Mr. Food Kitchen on WBOC-TV (Salisbury, MD)
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms – Jessica Gavin
- This & That – School Nutrition Association
- ‘Button mushrooms picked and trimmed by robots’ – FreshPlaza
The top two posts this week include a reminder post for the Blended Burger Contest and a video on how to grill mushrooms.
- Impressions: 7,661
- Engagements: 816
- Reactions: 704
- Comments: 11
- Shares: 13
- Impressions: 6,198
- Engagements: 154
- Reactions: 56
- Comments: 8
- Shares: 13
Share your mushroom grilling tips and tricks on this post on Facebook.