Get Social – Share These Media Placements
Mushrooms in the News: 06-15-18
The Wall Street Journal published an article about the rising popularity in home-grown mushrooms, and the mushroom trend as a whole. The article notes “more than 400 food products featuring mushrooms were introduced in 2017, up 22% from the prior year.” The author calls out the Blended Burger Project and spotlights Ox Restaurant in Portland, Ore. for featuring a half-dozen mushroom varieties on its menu.
On the BBP front, local coverage continues with BBP features in Eater Austin, Eater Charleston, The Spokesman-Review and the Orlando Sentinel. In addition, Michelle Dudash, media dietitian, interviewed Chef Ryan Nelson of Late Harvest Kitchen, Indianapolis on her Facebook Live show, Carmel Today, which can be viewed here.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Don’t Forget to Water the Logs: Mushrooms are in for Home Gardens – Wall Street Journal
- Backyard Harvest: Mushrooms Take Hold – The Wall Street Journal (Print)
- Burger fans have through July to cast their votes in the Blended Burger Project – The Spokesman-Review (Washington)
- Local restaurants add a little something extra to burgers for contest – Orlando Sentinel
- 5 ways MenuDirections attendees are smarter this week – Foodservice Director
- Astoria Blended Burger – Foodservice Director
- Stephanie Izard’s Blended Burger – Foodservice Director
- Recipe Report: New Spins on Burgers – Foodservice Director
- Don’t forget to Water the Logs: Mushrooms Are in for Home Gardens – Cetusnews.com (originally appearing in WSJ)
- Tasting Tuesday: Blended Burger Project – The Love Bungalow
- Zero Degrees opens on West Colonial New Moon Market expanding, plus more in Orlando foodie news – Orlandoweekly.com
- 5 Things to Know About Parcel 32, Home Of The Mushroom-Spiked Burger – Eater Charleston
- The Women of Texas Barbecue Include Snow’s BBQ and La Barbecue – Eater Austin
- Lebanon restaurant enters national burger competition – Lebanon Democrat (Tenn.)
- Restaurant Roundup: News from Preston’s Watershed, Hills Market and more – Columbus Underground
- Nom News June 8, 2018 – Miami Food Pug
- Toltec Brewing Co. – Gil’s Thrilling (And Filling) Blog
- Cattlewomen’s corner: classic blended burger – Red Bluff Daily News (Ca.)
- Pizza Gallery & Grill at The Avenue Viera Offers Special Blended Burger Through July 31 – Space Coast Daily (Fl.)
Mushroom Nutrition, Recipes and Other News
- The Health Benefits of Mushrooms That Make Them One of the Hottest New Superfood – Shape.com
- 7 Grilled Vegetables That Deserve A Spot At Your Next Summer BBQ – Spoon University
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/DIGITAL ACTIVITY
Blended Burger Project™: More than 480 Twitter and Instagram posts from 300+ users have been posted since the Memorial Day launch of BBP, with the most popular coming from Houston influencers and the Rainbow Room.
Most Popular Social Posts
MC Facebook: School’s out for summer which means the kids are home and you need quick, easy recipes to satisfy their mid-day hunger. Have no fear, mushrooms are here! These Mushroom Pizza Rolls are as delicious as they are easy to make. What are your tips for easy summer meals? Get the recipe http://bit.ly/2JbGQCG
- 588 Reactions
- 11.6k Reached
Blenditarian Facebook: We’re salivating over these #blendedburgerproject entries from Florida restaurants! Where’s your favorite local #blendedburger joint?
- 23 Reactions
- 2,388 Reached
MC Twitter: We love finding new stuffed portabella mushroom recipes! Especially when enchiladas are involved.
- 38.5k Reached
- 4 Responses, Clicks, Retweets
Blenditarian Twitter: We’re salivating over these #blendedburgerproject entries from #Floridarestaurants! Where’s your favorite local #blendedburger joint? https://t.co/Cd40i93RH3 https://t.co/t67Pdfd0rG
- 5,498 Reached
- 7 Responses, Clicks, Retweets
MC Instagram: End your day on a delicious note with Ramen Noodles with Marinated Steak and Broccoli (and mushrooms, of course!). What is on your dinner menu tonight?
- 77 Likes
Blenditarian Instagram: For a fresh take on taco night, try these #Blenditarian Taco Lettuce Wraps! Mushrooms + Ground Turkey + Taco Seasoning = All of the flavor and none of the guilt.
- 31 Likes