Media Placements – 08/09/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 08-09-2021
The Packer partnered with the Mushroom Council on an article highlighting how this year’s “Feed Your Immune System” program was a success at introducing people to mushrooms as a way to increase their immune system’s health. The article shared how the Mushroom Council campaign encouraged and educated consumers through a dedicated microsite that hosted recipes and videos from registered dieticians and wellness influencers, as well as in-store signage and programs.
The Washington Post featured a Pulled Trumpet Mushroom recipe, a vegetarian version of pulled pork. The author Joe Yonan was quick to point out that while they may not taste identical, the mushrooms provide a healthy and tasty alternative to pulled pork.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Stuffed Flank Steak – Living in South Carolina Magazine
- Does it taste like meat? One bite and you won’t care – The Washington Post
- Mushroom Ketchup – Santa Ynez Valley Star
- 19 Meaty Portobello Mushroom Recipes Without the Meat – EatingWell
- Five Fun Kinds of Cremini Mushroom Recipes for Our Favorite Fungi – Wide Open Eats
- Creamy cognac mushroom sauce – The Washington Post
The top two posts this week included a grilled kabob recipe and a mushroom avocado toast recipe for National Avocado Day.
- Impressions: 14,770
- Engagements: 1,215
- Reactions: 787
- Comments: 22
- Shares: 73
- Impressions: 19,950
- Engagements: 1,345
- Reactions: 711
- Comments: 30
- Shares: 132
The views and opinions in the article links included in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Mushroom Council.