Media Placements – 05/03/2021
Mushrooms in the News: 05-03-2021
A Mushroom and Beef Blended Burger With Shaved Asparagus Salad can be found in the upcoming May issue of Women’s Health Magazine. The recipe is prefaced by saying “a mix of meat and ‘shrooms makes for a hearty yet light protein.”
“Portobello mushrooms are perfect for the grill,” explained Amy Gorin, M.S., RDN in a recent article on EatingWell. The article also says “don’t stop with portobellos,” and suggests adding maitakes to the grill.
Restaurant Business says to “be on the lookout for mushrooms as a meaty meatless ingredient, too—going beyond the popular blended burger.” As suppliers and operators are looking for ways to play into the plant-based trend, mushroom-blended menu items will continue to expand. The article also explains that “Umami-rich, immunity-boosting mushrooms were named as a 2021 trending ingredient by several forecasters, particularly the more exotic varieties such as oyster, enoki and lion’s mane.”
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- All-Star Sandwich – Women’s Health
- Best Plant-Based Foods for Grilling – EatingWell
- Chew On This For Earth Day: How Our Diets Impact The Planet – Lakeshow Public Radio (Merrillville, IN)
- Is it time to give mushrooms more credit on Stop Food Waste Day? – New Food Magazine
- Spring Food Fest to feature PA Farm Show food fixtures – Lancaster Farming, The Sentinel
- Chef Natalia Levey Turns Personal Health Issue Into a Passion for Culinary Wellness – We Are Chefs
- There Is A Lot of Fungus Among Us – The New York Times
- Mix & Match Stuffed Peppers – Food Network Magazine
- Shiitake Mushroom Fatteh with Walnut, Dill and Pomegranate Molasses – The Splendid Table
- Green Beans with Mushrooms and Bacon – Creme de la Crumb
- The Future of Plant-Based Meats and Proteins – Restaurant Business
- Six Ways to Punch Up Flavor – Flavor & The Menu
This week’s top posts were both focused on the sustainability benefits of mushrooms for Earth Day and Earth Month.
- Impressions: 17,011
- Engagements: 1,296
- Reactions: 745
- Comments: 29
- Shares: 139
Engage with this post on Facebook.
- Impressions: 60,288
- Engagements: 1,556
- Reactions: 766
- Comments: 32
- Shares: 91
Like, comment and share this post on Facebook.