Media Placements – 03/12/20
Mushrooms in the News: 03-12-2020
Mushrooms topped a list of “10 Healthy Foods to Spring Clean Your Diet” in U.S. News this week. Aside from nutritional benefits, mushrooms are called out as a “great stand-in or complement to meat;” suggesting that readers try adding 25% to 50% chopped mushrooms to ground meat to amplify flavor while cutting back on fat and calories.
Chef and cookbook author Daphne Oz included mushrooms in her guest segment on TODAY. Mushrooms were featured as a delicious “immunity superfood” in her nutritionally ‘souped up’ chicken soup recipe.
The remix campaign continued to gain coverage in the trades. Additionally, the Mushroom Council booth at the Taste America Raising the Bar event last week was included in a recap from AndNowUKnow.
MEDIA + SOCIAL/DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- 10 Healthy Foods to Spring Clean Your Diet – U.S. News
- You don’t have to go plant-based to save the world – Stanford Daily
- Food Trends – Idea Fitness Journal
- Plates: Family favorites with a blended twist – Bluff Country Newspaper Group (Spring Valley, Minnesota)
- Immune-boosting foods: Probiotics, zinc, vitamin C and more – TODAY
- How to Buy and Store Mushrooms – Simply Recipes
- Kitchn’s 20 Most PopularMushroom Recipes – Kitchn
- Mushroom Barley Risotto – Spend with Pennies
- Build Your Own Lasagna – Clean Eating
- Celebrate Spring! – Diabetic Self-Management
- “Remix Your Recipe” mushroom ad campaign to debut this spring – FreshPlaza
- Mushroom Council’s New Ad Campaign Encourages Consumers to Remix Their Burger Recipes – Perishable News
- James Beard Foundation Raising the Bar Highlights – AndNowUKnow
- Natural Products – Frozen & Refrigerated Buyer
NOTEWORTHY SOCIAL/DIGITAL ACTIVITY
This week’s “Mushroom Madness” face-off: Stuffed Peppers vs. Stuffed Jalapenos.
- 5700+ people reached
- 300+ votes
- 45 people have commented with their own ideas
Mushrooms In Schools
School foodservice directors took note of the new resources on our website this week, recommending them on Facebook to others who were seeking ways to serve ramen bowls: “The Mushroom Council just put out recipes that we are going to try with a fairly easy recipe for the broth, pre-portioned noodles and chicken, and cold veggies the students can choose from to put on top.”
- Mushrooms Make it into Made to Order Omelets in Kittery – Twitter
- SNA includes Mushrooms in Their Ideal Salad Bar – Twitter
- Recommending Ramen Bar Resources from Mushrooms in Schools – Facebook
- Mushrooms Make an Appearance in Delicious Breakfast Bowl – Twitter
- Fresh Mushrooms Featured in Monthly Recipe Roundup – Healthy School Recipes
- Winning USDA Foods Asian Noodle Bowl Features Mushrooms – USDA Foods