Tuscan Garden Breakfast Flatbread
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
Naan bread dressed with sun-dried tomato pesto and topped with scrambled eggs, oven roasted artichokes, tomatoes, spinach and crimini mushrooms, applewood bacon, and Parmesan cheese, dollop of rosemary sour cream.
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto:
- 6 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (about 1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons toasted almond slivers
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
Rosemary Sour Cream:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke heart quarters, well drained and chopped
- Olive oil as needed
- ½ teaspoon dried Greek seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup finely diced tomatoes
- 6 slices applewood bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 6 Naan bread or oven-baked flatbread
- 3 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 large eggs, beaten, or 10.5 ounces frozen, thawed or refrigerated liquid whole eggs
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto: Place all ingredients in food processor and whirl until smooth mixture forms. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Rosemary Sour Cream: In a bowl, stir all ingredients thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Roasted Artichokes: Chop artichokes, toss with olive oil and Greek seasoning. Place on baking sheet and bake at 400° F for 20 minutes, or until edges brown. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large, non-stick sauté pan over medium high heat. Add sliced mushrooms and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in roasted artichoke pieces, diced tomatoes, and chopped bacon. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- Naan Assembly: Place flatbread on baking sheet. Spread with 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto, cover lightly with baby spinach leaves, sprinkle with ⅓ cup vegetable/bacon mixture and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Bake in bottom half of oven at 450° F for 8 minutes.
- Just before Naan comes out of the oven, heat a small spray-coated non-stick pan over medium heat. Pour in ¼ cup beaten egg and scramble until firm throughout and no visible liquid egg remains. Remove the flatbread from the oven and garnish with scrambled eggs and 1 tablespoon Rosemary Sour Cream. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try these:
Barbecue Pulled Mushroom Slider with Blueberry and Cabbage Slaw
Recipe developed at The Culinary Institute of America With The Mushroom Council.View Recipe
Gooey Kennett Mushroom Macaroni and Cheese
“I have been in food for my whole life, so I love to foster people in the culinary world, just in helping them eat, in learning how to bring food in a healthy way into their lifestyle, and in being more knowledgeable of food.”View Recipe
Mushroom Pasta Sauce
Courtesy of the Culinary Institute of America and the Mushroom Council.View Recipe