Naan bread dressed with sun-dried tomato pesto and topped with scrambled eggs, oven roasted artichokes, tomatoes, spinach and crimini mushrooms, applewood bacon, and Parmesan cheese, dollop of rosemary sour cream.
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto:
- 6 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (about 1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons toasted almond slivers
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
Rosemary Sour Cream:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke heart quarters, well drained and chopped
- Olive oil as needed
- ½ teaspoon dried Greek seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup finely diced tomatoes
- 6 slices applewood bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 6 Naan bread or oven-baked flatbread
- 3 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 large eggs, beaten, or 10.5 ounces frozen, thawed or refrigerated liquid whole eggs
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto: Place all ingredients in food processor and whirl until smooth mixture forms. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Rosemary Sour Cream: In a bowl, stir all ingredients thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Roasted Artichokes: Chop artichokes, toss with olive oil and Greek seasoning. Place on baking sheet and bake at 400° F for 20 minutes, or until edges brown. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large, non-stick sauté pan over medium high heat. Add sliced mushrooms and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in roasted artichoke pieces, diced tomatoes, and chopped bacon. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- Naan Assembly: Place flatbread on baking sheet. Spread with 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto, cover lightly with baby spinach leaves, sprinkle with ⅓ cup vegetable/bacon mixture and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Bake in bottom half of oven at 450° F for 8 minutes.
- Just before Naan comes out of the oven, heat a small spray-coated non-stick pan over medium heat. Pour in ¼ cup beaten egg and scramble until firm throughout and no visible liquid egg remains. Remove the flatbread from the oven and garnish with scrambled eggs and 1 tablespoon Rosemary Sour Cream. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try these:
Recipe developed at The Culinary Institute of America With The Mushroom Council.View Recipe
“I have been in food for my whole life, so I love to foster people in the culinary world, just in helping them eat, in learning how to bring food in a healthy way into their lifestyle, and in being more knowledgeable of food.”View Recipe