- Yield: 4 burgers 1x
This burger from Sherry Yard is part of our Blended Burger Project. Yard incorporates earthy portabello mushrooms, shallots, and garlic confit to create a satisfying, partly plant–based patty.
- 1/2 pound portabello mushrooms, diced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic confit, puréed (roasted garlic works too)
- 2 tablespoons blended oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 1/4 pound 80/20 ground beef
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs, finely ground
- 4 hamburger buns
- Optional toppings: cheese, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, mustard, ketchup, and mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix mushrooms, shallots, garlic purée, salt, and pepper with the blended oil. Place mushroom mixture on a parchment-lined sheet tray and roast for 15 minutes. Let mushroom mixture cool.
- In a large bowl, add minced tarragon and thyme, Worcestershire sauce, and sherry vinegar. Add the cooled mushroom mixture and let marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Pulse mushroom mixture in food processor; do not purée, leave some texture. Combine the mushroom mixture with the ground beef until combined. Add in the panko bread crumbs and mix until just incorporated.
- Weigh out four 8-ounce portions and shape into patties; these can also be made into 4-ounce patties and served as doubles.
- Grease a large heavy skillet and set over medium-high heat. When quite hot, add the patties and cook to your favorite state of doneness, about 4 minutes per side for a medium-rare burger. Top as desired and serve on toasted buns.
If you like this, try these:
Beef and Maitake Mushroom Meatball Burgers with Tomato Butter Sauce
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jenn Louis of Lincoln RestaurantView Recipe
Ground chuck blended with shiitake mushrooms, romesco, grilled spring onions, salsa verde aioli, butter lettuce on a toasted brioche bun.View Recipe
Kentucky proud beef, button mushroom patty topped with huitlacoche queso fresco, avocado crema, crispy potatoes, cilantro & red onion on a local bolillo bun.View Recipe