California Garden Fresh Tacos with mushrooms, spinach, peppers, carrots, onions, eggplant, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, and grilled blade meat served with black beans and rice.
- 1/2 cup crimini mushrooms, diced 1/4”
- 1/2 cup spinach, chiffonade
- 1/4 cup peppers, diced 1/4”
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced 1/4”
- 1/4 cup onions, diced 1/4”
- 1/4 cup eggplant, diced 1/4”
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, diced 1/4”
- 1 can of black beans
- Almonds, sliced and toasted
- Quick cook rice
- 2 sprigs of Cilantro, finely chopped
Marinade for Blade Meat:
- Garlic cloves
- Vegetable stock
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar Butter
- Kikkoman Toasted Sesame Oil
- Kikkoman Preservative Free Less Sodium Teriyaki Glaze
- Marinade blade meat, make sure to smack garlic before mixing in with vegetable stock, chopped parsley, kosher salt, black pepper squeezed oranges and orange flesh, balsamic vinegar, toasted sesame oil, teriakyi glaze, and honey.
- Wash all vegetables, peel carrots split and 1/4” dice, Cut eggplant (leave skin on) and 1/4” dice. Quarter tomatoes, deseed and 1/4” dice. Chiffonade spinach, deseed bell peppers and 1/4” dice, dice onions, and mushrooms as well.
- Hard roast/sauté all vegetables. Reserve spinach and tomatoes and set to the side.
- Grill tortillas in butter until they bubble and remove from heat.
- Grill blade meat 5-10 minutes, until seared. Let rest and slice into thin strips.
- Build taco with blade meat then veggies then chiffonade spinach and tomatoes, blend avocado with lemon juice salt and pepper and olive oil and top each taco with crema along with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with rice and beans and lime garnish.
If you like this, try these:
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jenn Louis of Lincoln RestaurantView Recipe
Ground chuck blended with shiitake mushrooms, romesco, grilled spring onions, salsa verde aioli, butter lettuce on a toasted brioche bun.View Recipe