Holiday Meals with Mushrooms
Thank you for following us. We appreciate all you are doing to feed the children, your families and still take care of you! We are offering these family favorites to help you with Thanksgiving just around the corner! If you haven’t planned your Thanksgiving meal yet, no need to fret. There are many ways to add nutritious and budget-friendly mushrooms to your holiday meal.
Keep reading for menu inspiration and a sneak peek at this years’ 5 Days of Mushrooms giveaways!
Add Mushrooms To Your Thanksgiving Plate
Thanksgiving is the ultimate food holiday and extra delicious with mushrooms! Switch up some of the traditional plates or revamp Thanksgiving leftovers with these recipes:
Made with umami-rich mushrooms, this vegetarian-friendly gravy is an indulgence you can feel good about.
Green Bean Casserole
This Green Bean Casserole is made with fresh green beans and mushrooms for an extra umami spin on a comfort classic.
Leftover Stuffing Mushroom Strata
Looking for a fun(gi) way to utilize Thanksgiving leftovers? This strata will do the trick.
Plus a few bonus, mouthwatering recipes to make this fall:
Quick Mushroom Beef Stroganoff Skillet
This quick stroganoff dish proves that comfort food doesn’t have to take hours to prepare.
Blended Shepherd’s Pie
It doesn’t get better than steaming Shepherd’s Pie on a chilly fall evening. Blend mushrooms with savory lamb for comfort food at its finest!
Quick Tips to Getting More Mushrooms on the Menu
With the days getting shorter and the temperature dropping, it feels extra nice to save time in the kitchen. When on a time crunch, here’s a few tips to keep in mind to make weekly meals even more convenient:
- Prep a large batch of The Blend (ground meat + mushrooms) to keep your freezer stocked, and use throughout the winter when you need dinner in a pinch.
- Take advantage of in-season produce by adding nutrient-rich squash, yams, turnips, kale and mushrooms to your meal plan.
- Turn hearty leftovers into breakfast the next day. Warm up veggies and proteins then throw into an omelet or frittata, and top with your favorite cheese!
5 Days of Mushrooms Is (Almost) Back!
Get ready to celebrate the season with Mushrooms in Schools. If you joined us for our “12 Days of Mushrooms” promotion last December, get ready to be amazed! We are amping up the prizes to bring you all the fun from last year – just in a shorter time frame of 5 days! There will be plenty of ways to enter each day. Follow us on Facebook or X (formerly Twitter) to get updates and how to win. Set your calendar to win one of the amazing prizes below:
- December 4: Mushroom Cheeseboard
- December 5: Two Mushrooms T-Shirts with Mushroom Grow Kits
- December 6: To-Go Labels + Label Maker
- December 7: Four Mushrooms T-Shirts with Sunglasses
- December 8: National CACFP Conference or SNA Annual National Conference Registration with Mushrooms Swag (t-shirts and sunglasses)
We appreciate all the hard work you do for students across the country. This is a fun way to say thank you – to everyone!
Not a school nutrition professional? Not a problem! We want to spread the #mushroomlove, so if you’re a mushroom lover (or want to be!) and ready to score some great mushroom swag, stay tuned – you can participate too! For the complete contest rules and how to enter, click here.
Spread the #MushroomLove
As always, enjoy the season of family and fun while taking care of you!