5 Days of Mushrooms
Get ready to celebrate this season with Mushrooms in Schools. It’s back and with even better prizes! For 5 days in December, we want to provide you with an opportunity to win a cheese board, labels, a free national conference registration, and much more!
We appreciate all the hard work you do for students across the country. This is a fun way to say thank you – to everyone!
Not a school nutrition professional? Not a problem! We want to spread the #mushroomlove this year, so if you’re a mushroom lover (or want to be!) and ready to score some great mushroom swag, keep reading!
How to Enter
Pro tip: Bookmark this blog post in your internet browser to enter daily with a breeze. [Don’t know how to bookmark a website? Click here.]
Step 2: Each day, from December 4-8, enter using Facebook, X/Twitter, or by clicking the links below and following the steps to enter!
Feel free to check out the entry options now by clicking the links below, and note that each day’s prize entry will be open for 24 hours (from 12 am to 11:59 pm EST). You’ll see there are a variety of ways to enter each day – and we encourage you to try all of them! From following us on Facebook, to retweeting our posts, joining our mailing list, submitting your favorite mushroom recipe, or visiting our website – entering is easy and we hope you’ll learn a little more about Mushrooms in Schools in the process!
Get Ready! Below are the prizes available each day. See one that catches your eye? Make sure you mark your calendar and return to use the link below to enter to win!
Note: Each day’s raffle will open at 12 am EST and close at 11:59 pm EST on the designated day.
Terms & Conditions
The following promotion is intended for the 50 United States and D.C. only and will be construed and evaluated according to United States laws. Do not proceed if you are not a legal resident of the 50 United States and D.C. and 21 years or older.
5 DAYS OF MUSHROOMS CONTEST
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C., 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. How to Enter: Beginning at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on December 4, 2023 until 12:00 p.m. ET on December 8, 2023 (the “Promotion Period”), you may enter the 5 Days of Mushrooms Contest (the “Promotion”) by visiting the Mushrooms in Schools website (mushroomcouncil.org/schools/5-days-of-mushrooms/) (the “Website”) daily, completing the online entry form (as defined below). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET daily during the Promotion Period to be eligible for that day’s contest prize. The Website timeclock shall be the official timekeeper for all Promotion purposes, and proof of sending a Submission does not constitute proof of receipt by Sponsor. Each entry must also include the entrant’s (“Entrant”) full name, age, address, phone number (including area code), and e-mail address. Mushrooms in Schools (“Sponsor”) will not verify receipt of entries.
Note: In order to access the Website and in an effort to optimize the Website user experience, ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled.
2. Submission Requirements: Submissions for the Promotion must consist of engaging with Sponsor through social media or joining the mailing list (each, a “Submission” and collectively, the “Submissions”). The entry of a Submission is Entrant’s acknowledgement that Entrant has read, understands and will abide by these Official Rules.
Completed Submissions that are created and received within the above-mentioned guidelines shall collectively be referred to herein as the “Eligible Entries”. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Submissions that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be unlawful or to violate any of the policies of Sponsor’s customary standards and practices.
The Submission must be consistent with the image and values of Sponsor and must not include: (a) any third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities, and friends, who have not expressly authorized entrant to display their image or likeness; (b) any content that violates any third-party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights or trademark rights or rights of publicity or privacy; (c) defamatory language or threatening language; (d) language or content that is sexually explicit, obscene, or indecent; (e) language or content that promotes the consumption or abuse of alcohol, tobacco, or drugs; (f) any other language or content that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; (g) contain material that is threatening to any person, place, or business group; or (h) contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion sexual orientation or socioeconomic group or that Sponsor determines is inappropriate in Sponsor’s sole discretion and/or does not otherwise meet the Submission requirements.
Limit of one (1) entry per eligible person each day during the Promotion Period. If multiple entries are received in one day, only the first entry will be accepted and additional entries will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by you to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods, may void your entries and you may be disqualified from the Promotion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest entry services) will void all entries by you. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders.
This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or X/Twitter. You understand that you are providing information to Sponsor and not to any applicable social media site.
3. Representations and Warranties: By making a Submission, you represent and warrant that: (a) the Submission is an original work created solely by you; (b) you own all rights to the Submission and have obtained any necessary third-party clearances; (c) the Submission complies with all requirements of these Official Rules; and (d) you understand that other Entrants may submit original Submissions that are substantially similar to yours in content and that you shall not have any claim against Sponsor arising out of any such similarity.
4. Eligibility: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., who are 21 years of age or older as of the Promotion start date. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees and members of their households and immediate families (spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses) of the Promotion Entities (as defined below) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising and promotion agencies and all local sponsors are not eligible.
6. Limitations of Liability: Sponsor, Mushroom Council, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents,and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; inability to access the Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or other errors; and any entries that are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible or postage due, or any combination thereof. Online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on any potential winner and reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person based on such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the Prize to such potential winner might reflect negatively on Sponsor or any of the Promotion Entities. By entering, you also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Entities, Instagram LLC, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, their respective representatives and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, promotion partners and Prize suppliers, and all of their respective affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors and shareholders, from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with your participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or your receipt or use of any Prize awarded in this Promotion or due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion. Except where prohibited by law, the winner’s entry and acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for the Promotion Entities to use said winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voices, Submission and city and state addresses on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. No more than the advertised number of Prizes will be awarded. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
7. How Winners will be Determined: Entrants will be randomly assigned a number upon Submission. Each day during the Promotion Period, a third party will randomly select a winner from the eligible Entrants. Daily, the randomly selected winning Entrant will be the Prize Winner (the “Prize Winner” or “Prize Winners”). Sponsor’s decisions with respect to the Prize Winners and other matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final.
Notwithstanding any other provision of these Official Rules, if at any time during the Promotion Period, the Sponsor determines that no eligible entrants exist from which to determine the Prize Winners, then Sponsor may in its sole and exclusive discretion determine that no eligible contestants exist, and then may either suspend or terminate the Promotion or modify it (or any parts thereof) in any equitable manner that Sponsor deems appropriate in its sole and exclusive discretion, including, without limitation, by not awarding any one or more of the Prizes set forth in these Official Rules.
8. Prize Conditions: The Prize Winners may be required to provide an appropriate mailing address within five (5) days of issuance of Prize notification. If Sponsor is unable to contact a Prize Winner within three (3) days from first notification attempt, if a Prize Winner fails to complete and return all requested forms or fails to provide any required proof of eligibility (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) by the specified date or if a Prize Winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her Prize will be forfeited and an alternate prospective winner shall be selected at random.
The Prize Winners will be notified by email or telephone during the Promotion Period, to be determined by Sponsor. Prize Winners shall obtain a prize within a month of submitting an appropriate mailing address. The Sponsor reserves the right to delay the prize mailing due to unforeseen circumstances or anything listed in the Prize Conditions requirements.
9. Ownership of Submissions: By submitting a Submission, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) Sponsor is the sole and exclusive owner, in perpetuity and throughout the world, of all right, title, and interest in and to your Submission, including, without limitation, all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary rights in and to the Submission (and all renewals and extensions thereof now or hereafter provided by law) and all the rights therein and thereto; (b) ownership of the Submission shall inure to the benefit of Sponsor from the date of conception, of creation, or of fixation in a tangible medium of expression (whichever occurs first), of such Submission; (c) to the extent that your Submission is not a work made for hire, you hereby assign to Sponsor all right, title, and interest in and to the Submission and all copies thereof that you may have or obtain without any further consideration, free from any claim, lien, balance due, or rights of retention thereto, on your part; (d) you waive all claims to any and all moral rights in the Submission including, without limitation, your right of attribution and integrity; and (e) Sponsor may exploit the Submission (and all rights therein) in any manner throughout the world without restriction of any kind, or payment to, or consent from, anyone. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or edit the winning Submission for content including all copyrights and trademarks, and Promotion Entities or their assigned agent(s) will have the right to reproduce, publish, adapt, modify and/or revise the Submission, in its sole discretion, in any manner or form throughout the world, in perpetuity. Sponsor will own all rights to the winning Submission.
10. Conditions of Entry: Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Promotion, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify, suspend, or to terminate the Promotion and proceed with the judging process, as outlined in the “How Winner will be Determined” section to award the Prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Website. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
11. Prizes: Each Prize Winner shall win a mushroom token (the “Prize”) such as: Mushroom Cheese Board, Oyster Mini-Farm Growing Kit, Mushroom T-Shirts or Conference Registration.
The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the Prize in the Promotion shall be solely determined by Sponsor. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of the Prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. All federal, state and local taxes on the Prize are the Prize Winner’s responsibility.
Prize cannot be transferred or substituted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value.
12. Disputes/Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant or the Promotion Entities in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application or the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland. Any action or litigation concerning this Agreement shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Montgomery County, Maryland, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. You agree to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Maryland. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. YOU (HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, IDENTIFIABLE PERSONS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTICIPANTS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
13. Winner List: Beginning on or about December 13, 2023 you may obtain the name of the Prize Winners by going to the Website.
14. Sponsor: Mushroom Council, 200 NE Missouri Road, Suite 200, Lee’s Summit, MO 64086.
Short Form Rules
Short Form Print Rules
These rules should be in a font size 10 or above – they must be easily legible.
Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., age 21 or older. Void where prohibited. Contest ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on December 8, 2023. For full official rules and to enter, visit mushroomcouncil.org/schools/5-days-of-mushrooms/.
X/Twitter and Facebook
X/Twitter and Facebook mentions must include a link. The link must link to a page that either (i) has the full official rules, or (ii) has the short form print rules set forth above, plus a link to the full official rules.