Scrambled eggs atop French fries with sautéed mushrooms, cheese curds, and turkey sausage crumbles. Topped with pepper cream gravy.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound sliced button mushrooms
Pepper Cream Gravy:
- ¼ cup butter or bacon drippings
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart whole milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon freshly ground cracked pepper
- 18 ounces turkey sausage
- 3 ¾ pounds frozen French fried potatoes
- 18 ounces orange cheese curds
- 24 large eggs, beaten or 2 pounds 10 ounces frozen, thawed or refrigerated liquid whole eggs
- Melt butter in large non-stick sauté pan over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until softened, about 4 minutes. Keep warm.
- Pepper Cream Gravy: In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter or bacon drippings, then whisk in flour. Cook slowly until golden brown, then remove from heat. Whisk in milk and cream and return to medium heat. Stir constantly until thickened, season with salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm.
- In a large sauté pan, cook turkey sausage until brown and crisp, breaking into small pieces as it cooks. Set aside and keep warm.
- For each serving, scramble 2 eggs (or approximately ⅓ cup liquid whole eggs) in a spray-coated 8-inch non-stick sauté pan. Cook eggs until firm throughout, with no visible liquid egg remaining. Fry 5-ounces frozen French fries and drain well. Keep warm.
- Mash Up Assembly: Place hot French fries in shallow bowl. Distribute 1 ½ ounces sautéed mushrooms, 1 ½ ounce cheese curds and ¼ cup turkey sausage crumbles over the top. Bake in a hot oven for 1 minute to soften cheese. Remove from oven and top with two scrambled eggs and ⅓ cup pepper cream gravy.
If you like this, try these:
Jack C., Flik Independent School Dining, Director of Dining ServiceView Recipe
Scrambled eggs with sweet peppers, assorted mushrooms and onions sautéed in a green curry sauce stuffed in Naan bread with spicy radish sproutsView Recipe