- 5lbs white button mushrooms, chopped
- 5lbs ground beef, raw
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1Tbsp ancho chili powder
- 1 Tbsp coriander, ground
- 1 Tbsp garlic, granulated
- 1lb poblano peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 2lbs (~6-8) medium white potatoes, peeled, diced
- 6lbs (~60 eggs) scrambled eggs
- 72oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 72–10in flour tortillas
- Olive oil for pan
- *Optional: salsa and guacamole on the side
- Add chopped mushrooms to sauté pan and sauté in oil for about 10-15 minutes or until mushrooms start to brown.
- Add ground beef to mushrooms. Once beef is completely brown, season with spices. Take off heat, cool and reserve for burrito build.
- Cook scrambled eggs, cool and reserve for burrito build.
- Roast diced potatoes on a sheet pan with oil in an oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until cooked through and fork tender.
a. Note: Allow all above components to cool completely to avoid a soggy tortilla.
- Combine scrambled eggs, mushrooms, potatoes, beef and peppers in a large bowl until well combined.
- Portion with a 4oz scoop of mixture per wrap and top with 1oz of cheese before wrapping up burrito.
- Place wraps seam side down on a sheet pan and cover with plastic wrap.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once ready to serve, serve either whole or cut in half portions with a side of salsa and guacamole. Enjoy!
Danielle Mach, Performance Dietitian
Daniel Bannerman, Executive Chef
Jesus Espino, Cook
If you like this, try these:
Inspired by my time living in Minneapolis, home of the famous “Juicy Lucy” burger, and my Italian grandmother’s skill for showing her family love the best way she knew how – through food.View Recipe