Blended Breakfast Burrito
- Yield: Total Servings: 72 whole burritos/144 half burritos - *served in half portions to our athletes
- 5lbs white button mushrooms, chopped
- 5lbs ground beef, raw
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1Tbsp ancho chili powder
- 1 Tbsp coriander, ground
- 1 Tbsp garlic, granulated
- 1lb poblano peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 2lbs (~6-8) medium white potatoes, peeled, diced
- 6lbs (~60 eggs) scrambled eggs
- 72oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 72–10in flour tortillas
- Olive oil for pan
- *Optional: salsa and guacamole on the side
- Add chopped mushrooms to sauté pan and sauté in oil for about 10-15 minutes or until mushrooms start to brown.
- Add ground beef to mushrooms. Once beef is completely brown, season with spices. Take off heat, cool and reserve for burrito build.
- Cook scrambled eggs, cool and reserve for burrito build.
- Roast diced potatoes on a sheet pan with oil in an oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until cooked through and fork tender.
a. Note: Allow all above components to cool completely to avoid a soggy tortilla.
- Combine scrambled eggs, mushrooms, potatoes, beef and peppers in a large bowl until well combined.
- Portion with a 4oz scoop of mixture per wrap and top with 1oz of cheese before wrapping up burrito.
- Place wraps seam side down on a sheet pan and cover with plastic wrap.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once ready to serve, serve either whole or cut in half portions with a side of salsa and guacamole. Enjoy!
Danielle Mach, Performance Dietitian
Daniel Bannerman, Executive Chef
Jesus Espino, Cook
If you like this, try these:
Italian “Juicy Lucy” Meatballs
Inspired by my time living in Minneapolis, home of the famous “Juicy Lucy” burger, and my Italian grandmother’s skill for showing her family love the best way she knew how – through food.View Recipe
Stuffed Basil Turkey Blended Burgers
Becky Sue Lindberg, University of LouisvilleView Recipe
Beef and Cremini Enchiladas
Mushrooms and beef create a delicious savory flavor that pairs perfectly with the sweet potato and chipotle sauce.View Recipe