Sundried tomatoes add a tangy bite to earthy mushrooms and creamy avocado for this twist on classic avocado toast. It all comes together quickly for an easy meal in minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- 8 ounces sliced white button mushrooms
- 2 ounces chicken stock or water
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt, optional
- 2 avocados
- 4 slices toasted bread
- Shaved Parmesan for garnish
- Extra virgin olive oil for garnish
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet. Add the sundried tomatoes and cook for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and stir to coat with any remaining oil.
- Carefully add the stock or water. Reduce the heat if necessary to reduce any rising steam. Stir well until the water evaporates and the mushrooms darken and become tender, about 4 minutes. Add the thyme leaves. Add salt if desired, but this may not be necessary if you used a salted chicken stock for the liquid.
- Set aside to cool.
- Halve, pit, and peel each avocado. Gently smash half an avocado over each slice of toast. Top with sundried tomatoes and mushrooms. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and drizzle with olive oil before serving.
For a gluten-free version, use gluten-free bread.