The secret ingredients to this classic meatloaf is the addition of finely chopped mushrooms; they make it more flavorful and moist.
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic & herb seasoning
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp mustard
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mushrooms, turkey, onion, seasoning, breadcrumbs and egg; mix until evenly combined. Form into lightly greased loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mix together mustard, sugar and ketchup.
- Pour sauce over top of meatloaf, spreading until even. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until cooked through.